No announcement yet.

Liverpool's David Price will work with Adam Booth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool's David Price will work with Adam Booth

Just got this one confirmed now, it's official, more to follow.

"To begin with I contacted a handful of world-class trainers and asked Adam if I could have a chat and perhaps get some advic," said Price, who remains British and Commonwealth champion.

"When I first turned pro I was signed by Hayemaker and only left because of the television situation at the time. Adam pointed me in the right direction after that - and advised me to go with Frank Maloney - and I've always valued his opinion.

"So, after a brief chat, I brought up the idea of him possibly training me and we decided to have a meeting. I assumed he wanted to see what kind of frame of mind I was in.

"We did a few sessions together just to see how it would work, and he then agreed to train me. I was made up about that because I know Adam is very selective when it comes to choosing fighters to work with.

"I've got a good feeling about this move, and truly believe Adam is the man to bring out my true potential."

Price admits Booth meticulous approach outside the ring means the pair should be a perfect fit.

"The mental side of the game is a big issue for me, and that's something Adam spends a lot of time thinking about and working on," he added. "Even just sitting down and having a chat with him, I can tell we share a lot of the same ideas about the sport and about life.

"We've both got the same outlook, and this should make it very easy to gel. He has helped me get a few things off my chest recently, which has made me feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders. It's a good feeling.

"Ultimately, I know I've made the right choice and I know this move will take me to that next level."

Comment

Surely Price is too much of a BIG STIFF IDIOT to work the Adam Booth run 'n' feint style?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Surely Price is too much of a BIG STIFF IDIOT to work the Adam Booth run 'n' feint style?
        I was thinking along these lines...

Booth's style of training won't suit Price at all. All of Booth's fighters that I've seen fight in a more athletic style which wouldn't work with him.

He needs more of a Manny Steward type trainer who can work on him using his height and jab more.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
          I was thinking along these lines...

Booth's style of training won't suit Price at all. All of Booth's fighters that I've seen fight in a more athletic style which wouldn't work with him.

He needs more of a Manny Steward type trainer who can work on him using his height and jab more.
          Any good trainer will bring out a fighters best qualities, not turn him into something he's not.

Let's see if Booth can do that with Pricey.

Comment

Exactly. Price's footwork is appalling. It's a shame he didn't address that a few years back, whilst fighting all of those bums.

Too late. Also Booth is a bad match, IMO.

Comment

cant understand all the hate toward price. yes,,he folded badly twice but at least hes not a boring fighter and isnt raping or murdering people outside the ring. Im hoping he can turn it around. hes at least always going to have a punchers chance with his power

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                cant understand all the hate toward price. yes,,he folded badly twice but at least hes not a boring fighter and isnt raping or murdering people outside the ring. Im hoping he can turn it around. hes at least always going to have a punchers chance with his power
                I don't particularly hate him. He's just ****.

Comment

Working...
                X