No announcement yet.

Is Chad Dawson going to become the next Jermaine Taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    I think Dawson will be OK, fans are completely overreacting, Dawson need to get back to his boxing, it look to me like he came out and tried to be more aggressive and went away from what he does best which is his boxing and defense...you should make the fight boring against heavy handed power puncher

Since Dawson is kinda going in this circle of life with his trainers lol...maybe he need to try and get Floyd Sr back, Dawson was at his best with Floyd Sr IMO...he keep switching trainers though and that can't be good

Dawson will likely get a rematch and I would not be shocked if Dawson out-boxes Stevenson in that rematch. He just need to get back to boxing and not let Stevenson Press Conference tactics make him get away form his skills.
    You guys just dont get it....
    Dawson has no punch resistance anymore..... His brain was scrambled twice in a row.... His speech is horrible compared to a few years ago
    It;s like saying Jermain taylor was leading vs froch and abraham but just needs to tighten his defense to stay at elite level...
    Taylor is done and so is dawson........their bodies may be OK, but the brains are shot.... I fear for both of them if they keep on fighting..

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      No, they arent similar. Dawson hasnt taking alot of punishment other than Ward but it wasnt like he got brutalized. Ward isnt a big puncher and Dawson didnt get beat to a pulp. He also has always had a bit of a speech impediment.

If he becomes punchy then it would be more like Roy Jones in that he never recovered from the drastic weight loss. Taylor took monster shots against Pavlik and got brutalized in that fight. He's also been caught before with some big shots. Dawson not so much
      Is he punchy now

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        Chad is nothing like taylor. He has more skills, smarts, better chin (being drained robs you of punch resistance), more dedicated etc..

I really see nothing in common with these guys. Taylors fate was due to lack of dedication which lead to poor stamina and declining skills. It all caught up with him.

Dawson is as hungry as ever and has always been much better than taylor ever was. As for his speech, its just like its always been. I think he might have had a speech impediment growing up, just listen to some of his early interviews. Thats just how he speaks.

He hasnt taken a whole lot of punishment either, theres really just the first Johnson fight and against ward. He didnt take a beating against pascal, in fact pascal was beat up worse that night and the same thing applies to the entire course of their careers. Just to compare to one fighter you dont think of as worn out. Chad is fresh considering how many big fights hes had.

I dont know what the hell you are talking about.
        DO you understand what the hell i am talking about now....
        Do you think that dawson is still fresh.........

Comment

Working...
        X