Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will you be rooting for: Andre Ward or Carl Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rooting for the Forest Fan Obviously.

SMAAAAAAAAAAAAACK HIIIIIIIM!!!!!!

Comment

War Froch,I can't wait for this fight....

Comment

Carl Froch, Boxing needs this guy to win he's a throwback, has tons of charisma and is just the definition of a prizefighter and warrior.

War Froch!

Comment

In the Kessler-Froch fight, the referee Jack Reiss kept admonishing Kessler for no reason other than to confuse and distract him. And he allowed Ward to deliberately headbutt and hit off the break. At one point, Ward hit Kessler off the break and Jack Reiss yelled at Kesser about it!

And the blow that ended the fight was a blatently deliberate headbutt. It brought a smirk to the face of Jack Reiss as he saw Kessler wince in pain.
          The limit for harassment

Mikkel Kessler: "I told Froch about everything outside of that stress me. When I had just peed on would I suddenly doping test just before the fight, so I had to drink two liters of water. It's not good when you are standing in the locker room."

"And when the last tape was put on bandages, came Ward's trainer, saying it had to be altered. They could have said previously."

"They came and said I was in the ring about five minutes, and then I struck on the pads, so they came and said" 10 more minutes. "How they did in 45 minutes. They tried to stress me, it was pure harassment, "says Kessler.
          It would be poetic justice if Froch KOs Ward.

Comment

I don't have a particular affinity for either fighter, so I'm going for the USA. Ward all the way. And I don't like Dobby or his wife. That probably has something to do with it too.

Comment

To that one dude who voted that he wasn't interested - if you're not interest in THIS fight, what are you waiting for dude? This is a big big fight! It's not going to be a savage barnburner or anything, but it'll be awesome high-level stuff and the stakes are high too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                Froch

I like him he's cocky, fights cocky, good dude out of the ring and everyone has overlooked that because of the saint that is Andre Ward

for that he gets my support

I also think he is the better fighter. Ward may be the better boxer I just feel Froch is the better fighter overall
                I noticed, you seem to give more credit to aggressive fighters than boxers and counter-punchers, that's fine and all, but as a Froch and Ward fan myself, I have to disagree. Ward isn't just some outside counter-puncher, he can be but not purely, he's a chameleon in the ring, very versatile. He'll scrap if need be, and won't shy away from trading, he just does it intelligently.

Froch is actually more of an outside boxer than Ward, he fights like that most of the time. Both Froch and Ward have SHOWN they can take a good shot. People still question Andre's chin though, which mystifies me. Given the fact he took a couple of good hooks from Abraham and Bika, took them and shot right back. I feel that Ward's ability to adjust so well in the middle of a fight, and switch up styles, is going to win him this fight.

Although I like Frochy, very fun to watch at times. And I think he's an even better boxer than given credit for. I just don't get, nor feel it's fair that boxers, people who take less shots, and don't trade as much and tend to rely on counter-punching and rely on athleticism, they get immediately get a bad rep, especially by guys who claim to be pure, dedicated fans. A boxer is a boxer, Froch said it HIMSELF, "A great chin is the one that doesn't get hit".

Some fighters aren't blessed with natural pure power, so the fact they find other ways to win, and become world champions is very commendable, and should be respected, just my view.

Comment

So it looks like Froch will have more supporters on boxingscene tonight, and he deserves it.

Comment

Warrrrrr Froch

Comment

I'm not rooting for either guy. I just want to see a good fight so the year in boxing will end on a bang, rather than a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                      X