No announcement yet.

Goodbye Miami University football!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is disappointing.

Every program should be able to pay players.

Comment

Originally posted by al capone View Post
      C'mon check, it's the U.once the dust settles they will be back on top just like they did in the early 00's after their lil probation. it's only a matter of time when possibly Ray Lewis,Ed reed, or other former player is at head coach and brings back the chips to coral gables.
      Even if they do lose a full season of football, I agree that Miami will somewhat regain their form. I'm still undecided if they will ever get back to the elite level though. The last 8 years or so it isn't like Miami was killing it.

I look at Ohio State for example and their penalties and it really having huge effects on recruiting. Michigan for example in most recruiting sites is ranked number 1 in the country and I think it's no surprise because they have been able to dip into the OSU and USC recruits that have decided not to deal with those messes. I look at the Miami situation, with or without the death penalty like this as well. Miami back in the day had a swagger, kids wanted to go there bad. Now it seems like that could be changing. They were getting good kids but it seemed like most top kids, even from the state of Florida have been deciding to go else where. Not gonna say Miami won't be in a big bowl or winning 10 games in the next 20 years but Miami could be really hurting from this.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        This is disappointing.

Every program should be able to pay players.
        It's okay, you still have IU football.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          It's okay, you still have IU football.

Yeah we almost beat Michigan last year despite sucking really bad.

Maybe this year we can beat them!

It would be funny if our crappy team won.

Comment

Yeah we almost beat Michigan last year despite sucking really bad.

Maybe this year we can beat them!

It would be funny if our crappy team won.
            Well, if that's the case IU is gonna have a great season. IU is in the mighty Leaders division and will not play Michigan UNLESS they end up in the Big 10 Championship game, which is entirely and very probable if I don't say so myself. IU players gonna be sporting stemmed roses in their mouths.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
              Well, if that's the case IU is gonna have a great season. IU is in the mighty Leaders division and will not play Michigan UNLESS they end up in the Big 10 Championship game, which is entirely and very probable if I don't say so myself. IU players gonna be sporting stemmed roses in their mouths.

You guys need to fix your defense.

At least with IU, there are no expectations.

With Michigan there's always big ones so when your team let's you down, it's a lot worse.

Comment

You guys need to fix your defense.

At least with IU, there are no expectations.

With Michigan there's always big ones so when your team let's you down, it's a lot worse.
                The D will be better without any changes at all. Dick Rod was too stubborn to adapt to big 10 football. Michigan is gonna be great in 2013. I expect a good season this year and improvement in 2012 but 2012 is tough with road games against Alabama, Nebraska, Ohio State, and Notre Dame. 2013 is going to be the first real year Michigan contends for a championship. All I want from this year is a beat down on Ohio State. I don't care what anyone says about Pryor leaving, Tressel or whatever. I'll take any win over Ohio State I can get. Beating Michigan State is also important. 3 years losing to little brother is too much to take.

Comment

I dont understand what the NCAA expects from these kids.

They are coming from poor backgrounds and then these guys are shoving thousands of dollars in their faces. I bet every university is doing this and it is incredibly common and we will be seeing alot of stories like this for the next couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                    I dont understand what the NCAA expects from these kids.

They are coming from poor backgrounds and then these guys are shoving thousands of dollars in their faces. I bet every university is doing this and it is incredibly common and we will be seeing alot of stories like this for the next couple years.
                    I agree.

They say it's the tip of the iceberg in the NCAA.

My thing is, pay these kids. They are bringing these universities tons of money.

We shouldn't pretend everyone is in it for academics, and love of the game.
                    That's a naive worldview in this day and age.

Comment

I agree.

They say it's the tip of the iceberg in the NCAA.

My thing is, pay these kids. They are bringing these universities tons of money.

We shouldn't pretend everyone is in it for academics, and love of the game.
                      That's a naive worldview in this day and age.
                      Go ahead and pay them. Michigan is top 5 in revenue so they will run ****. Ohio State is number 2 but it will be like the old times, right....The big 2 and the little 9. Now 10, Nebraska ain't ****ttttttttt.

Comment

Working...
                      X