Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people call Wlad "weak-chinned" when he's proven otherwise?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people call Wlad "weak-chinned" when he's proven otherwise?

It really boggles the mind. Mob mentality, that is. People believing something only because other people believe it or share the opinion, wrong or otherwise. Flat-Earth and all that.

Wlad gets kd'd 3 times by one of the hardest punchers the sport has seen in the past three decades at least, and people call him chinny. I got news for you...Sander's could have ko'd a rhino with that left hand. His kd to Brewster was, as is obvious to anyone who's seen the fight, due more in part to some serious exhaustion (and the theories behind THAT are a subject for another thread at another time). In fact, if you recall the fight, in that exhausted state, Wlad took several hard Brewster shots without going down. It wasn't any punch that put him down.

Other than that people like to refer to Sam Peter being credited with 3kds against Wlad. Notice I said "credited". Anyone actually listen to the commentators of that fight? One of them was George Foreman, (a man that knows a thing or two about boxing, I think you'll agree) and even HE was saying that Peter, aside from blatantly punching to the back of the head, was wrestling and pushing Wlad to the canvas. This is George Foreman saying this. Wanna try telling me he's wrong?

And also, speaking of that fight, if you remember, Wlad took a HUGE left hook, Peter's money shot, at the end of the 3rd (or maybe the 5th) round and shook it off.

Weak chinned boxers don't shrug off a Sam Peter left hook. No matter who you are.

So all you people who like to say that Wlad has a weak chin, do yourself a favor. Re-watch some of those fights, and think for yourself. THEN watch a few more of Wlad's fights, and realize that in every fight he's in, he does, invariably take some pretty good shots to the chin and they have no effect.

Gran Torino out

when has he proved other wise....whens the last time he ate a good shot??

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      He (and Vitali) get hit in every fight they're in. Of course not as often as he doesn't just stand waiting for the punch to land. But it's not like he never gets hit. Now of course if you wanting to know when he last a massive shot like Sam Peter laid on Jeremy Williams or Robbie Peden laid down on Nate Campbell, of course you're not going to find anything as cinematic as all that. But if you want, I can search youtube (work is slow right now) and find you some examples.

Comment

you are aware Wladmir has gone down at least 11 times, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
          you are aware Wladmir has gone down at least 11 times, correct?

I am aware that fighters have been credited with kds against Wlad. There's a huge difference with being credited with a kd and actually being knocked down, and if you're a true boxing fan, you should know that.

Did you even read my first post?

Comment

Originally posted by GranTorino View Post
            I am aware that fighters have been credited with kds against Wlad. There's a huge difference with being credited with a kd and actually being knocked down, and if you're a true boxing fan, you should know that.

Did you even read my first post?
            Even if you pretend the Sam Peter KDs dont count for whatever reason since you think theyre behind the head, hes been down 9 times.

come on now.

Comment

He is def in the lower range as far as chins go

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                Even if you pretend the Sam Peter KDs dont count for whatever reason since you think theyre behind the head, hes been down 9 times.

come on now.

I'd never seen the Pannel fight. Didn't realize Wlad went down. No excuses for that one. Pannel caught him. It was a nice shot. In Wlad's defense, he was right back up and paid Panell (Pannel?) right back with a kd of his own.

I saw the Williamson fight. I think it was 2 fights after Brewster and I remember that flash kd very clearly. It was a flash kd, where Williamson caught Wlad flush while Wlad was off balance. Again, nothing to do with being weak-chinned. Just being off balance. But props for Williamson for landing it and getting the kd. It was definitely a legit KD.

I dunno, maybe you guys have a different definition of "weak-chinned" than I do. When I think of someone being weak chinned, I think of someone who goes down with the slightest shot and doesn't get back up. Every time Wlad has gone down, he's always gotten right back up to fight on.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                  In the first round of the second Peter fight.

Comment

I'd never seen the Pannel fight. Didn't realize Wlad went down.

HAHAHA he's made a clown of you. Your whole argument destroyed in one post.

Comment

Working...
                    X