Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

agree or disagree: floyd was at his best at 130 lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
    On a whole Id say he's better at the higher weights, because you have to use your mind more in order to win against much bigger men, like Ali used his head more when he got older and had slowed down. Thats what made him great. And unless you really havent seen his fights at lower weights, Floyd fights the exact same way, nothing different. Man do you guys even watch fights.
    I agree with this....I think he is better now..he is smarter....he is bigger, still as fast, and stronger...better defensively....

people forget...mayweather is supposedly not a power puncher with brittle hands .............and he came from 130lbs so the fact that he has been able to move u in weight and make these bigger guys respect his punching power when he is just a boxer says a lot about his power.....he places shots accurately

Comment

Absolutely, as LL would say.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleM View Post
        i think Floyd is just as good at the weigher weights, but people seem to confuse his limited offensive output as not as good. Floyd is even more defensively sharp at @147.
        I would venture to say he has become more efficient and economical with his punch output. He doesn't just wail away at his opponents hoping something catches them. His precision is aided by his defense and peripheral vision.

Comment

That's because he fought his worst competition. There wasn't a Erik Morales an Antonio Barrera, a Manny Pacquiao a Juan Manuel Marquez. He didn't even fight Joel Casamaor or Acelino Freitas. What you can see is a bunch of secondary opponents that no one will ever remember compare to the rest I've just mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Mike View Post
            That's because he fought his worst competition. There wasn't a Erik Morales an Antonio Barrera, a Manny Pacquiao a Juan Manuel Marquez. He didn't even fight Joel Casamaor or Acelino Freitas. What you can see is a bunch of secondary opponents that no one will ever remember compare to the rest I've just mentioned.
            What if beats Manny Pacquiao? Will that settle all of the "worst competition" arguments?

Comment

I havent even read this thread but just reading the title and being that I have followed Floyd's whole career and can tell you he is at his best right now.

He is better in every aspect right now as far as counterpunching, reflexes speed, accurancy....you name it. The only thing I think may be down is his punching power soley because the guys at welterweight are stronger and able to take harder punches.

Comment

Maybe he should ask Pac to fight at 130

Pac seems better at these higher weights than he was at the lower ones, and the reverse is true for Mayweather, at least it seems that way.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                  What if beats Manny Pacquiao? Will that settle all of the "worst competition" arguments?

Not really its just one fight. Erik Morales beat Pacquiao, but it was just one fight. And you know what happen next.
                  And if Mayweather wins he'll likely retire. Even Jose luis Castillo beat Floyd, but it was just one fight. Floyd hasn't had any real dangerous oppositions compare to guys like Pac , Cotto and Mosley etc. Right now Floyd is at welter weight, but even if he fights Manny he's still fighting fighting a smaller guy. Manny didn't earn his reputation, by beating just one man bigger than him, but several.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Mike View Post
                    Not really its just one fight. Erik Morales beat Pacquiao, but it was just one fight. And you know what happen next.
                    And if Mayweather wins he'll likely retire. Even Jose luis Castillo beat Floyd, but it was just one fight. Floyd hasn't had any real dangerous oppositions compare to guys like Pac , Cotto and Mosley etc. Right now Floyd is at welter weight, but even if he fights Manny he's still fighting fighting a smaller guy. Manny didn't earn his reputation, by beating just one man bigger than him, but several.
                    I thought it would quell the rumors since if Floyd beat Pacquiao, he would be beating the man who beat those men you mentioned.

Perhaps, he still won't get credit.

And I still don't get why Manny is still being called the smaller man.
                    I must be missing something there.

Comment

Floyd's true prime is at 140 lbs, but as mentioned earlier, no one wanted to fight him at that weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X