No announcement yet.

Top 10 East Coast hip hop songs of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't put "The Symphony", which would've covered BDK and Kool G.
    The Symphony is one of my ATG fave songs, i'm also surprised I left that out. There's one weak verse in there, from Craig g, but I always liked that song because of masta ace, Bdk and Kool g rap.

When I first heard that song in my teens on music choice, in the old school rap channel, I was like, why am I listening to my era music? the difference of skill and quality was like night and day. That song made me open my ears to older music. I then heard Road to Riches by Kool G Rap, and started listening to LL (which sounded more like pop rap, didn't like it much). I was like man, it's not even a debate, i'm going to primarily listen to late 80s-90s rap, **** this new ****. Bring Da Ruckus by Wu Tang left my jaw wide open of how sick that song and beat was when I popped in the wu tang cd in my radio for the first time. It was only until Kanye and Game came out that I started giving my era's rap a chance, then of course J.Cole came out he's also nice.

Comment

I can probably list another top 25 of songs I completely forgot are ATG that just didn't come up in my head at the time of typing that list though.

Comment

Pete and CL - T.R.O.Y.
        Jeru, O.C. and Chubb Rock - Return of the Crooklyn Dodgers
        LL - Mama Said Knock You Out
        Gang Starr - Just To Get A Rep
        Biggie - Juicy
        Wu-Tang - Bring Da Ruckus
        Naughty by Nature - Hip Hop Hooray
        Juice Crew - The Symphony
        KRS - My Philosophy
        Public Enemy - Fight The Power

Have no clue how I'd rank them, surprised I was able to leave out Nas, Rakim and Tribe.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 02-24-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Pete and CL - T.R.O.Y.
          Jeru, O.C. and Chubb Rock - Return of the Crooklyn Dodgers
          LL - Mama Said Knock You Out
          Gang Starr - Just To Get A Rep
          Biggie - Juicy
          Wu-Tang - Bring Da Ruckus
          Naughty by Nature - Hip Hop Hooray
          Juice Crew - The Symphony
          KRS - My Philosophy
          Public Enemy - Fight The Power

Have no clue how I'd rank them, surprised I was able to leave out Nas, Rakim and Tribe.
          Lol see I told you it's tough.

There's also Slick Rick, EPMD, Run DMC, Beastie Boys etc.

But Illmatic is always ranked as #1 album in any list you see though. You gotta have an Illmatic song in a top 10 songs list, and you can't go wrong with NY State of Mind, One Love or Life's a B*tch.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Lol see I told you it's tough.

There's also Slick Rick, EPMD, Run DMC, Beastie Boys etc.

But Illmatic is always ranked as #1 album in any list you see though. You gotta have an Illmatic song in a top 10 songs list, and you can't go wrong with NY State of Mind, One Love or Life's a B*tch.
            Naughty is the least illustrious group on the list, so it'd be easiest to replace them, but "Hip Hop Hooray" is probably one of the best 'feel-good' anthems in the genre. It also helped that Treach could flow with the best of them.

Comment

Not sure it gets much better...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIoMfcyYXJw&sns=em

Issa golds verse is fcking magic....
              Last edited by AddiX; 02-26-2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X