Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: LIVE Results From Denmark: Thorslund Wins, Khattab Shocked

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: LIVE Results From Denmark: Thorslund Wins, Khattab Shocked

Struer, Denmark - Female super bantamweight and hometown heroine Dina Thorslund (8-0) outscored German-Romanian Xenia Jornaec (7-2) over ten to win the vacant WBC Youth title. After ten it was scored 100-90 on all cards after a one-sided fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Nielsen might want to do some road work or hit the mitts or something!!Any sort of boxing training would do

Comment

Why can't Sauerland and TMT get together and have Badou Jack fight in Denmark?Boxing's illegal in Sweden so the allure of doing something forbidden would have a bunch of Swedes driving down to see their national antihero.Dude needs a tuneup before Stevenson anyway
      Last edited by 123tommy; 01-22-2017, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 123tommy View Post
        Nielsen might want to do some road work or hit the mitts or something!!Any sort of boxing training would do
        The thing is that Nielsen has had a long injury related layoff. Add to that 3 things that has happened in the last 10 days:

1: He has become a dad
        2: He has fired trainer Joey Gamache
        3: His best friend was shot to death.

Comment

Why can't Sauerland and TMT get together and have Badou Jack fight in Denmark?Boxing's illegal in Sweden so the allure of doing something forbidden would have a bunch of Swedes driving down to see their national antihero.Dude needs a tuneup before Stevenson anyway
          I am sure they will look make a Jack-Skoglund fight real soon.

Comment

Boxing is not illegal in Sweden. It was before, between 1970 and 2007, but not anymore. Erik Skoglund has been fighting here in Sweden for his last 4 fights. Badou made his prodebut back home in Sweden. Silly thing though, to ban boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              I am sure they will look make a Jack-Skoglund fight real soon.
              doubt it.

even though boxing is legal in sweden there is little to no market for it. if you look at what jack has accomplished on an international scale it makes no sense for him to waste his abilities in sweden. especially considering how unappreciated he is.

skoglund meanwhile is being cuddled too softly by his promoter, he could have fought for a world title long ago but they clearly dont like his chances against a real threat. they will go the typical sauerland route and wait for a soft titleholder or a vacant belt.

a fight with jack is unlikely unless it is for big money, which it wouldnt be in sweden. i dont see jack going to denmark or germany to fight skoglund, his eyes should be on the top fighters in the division like ward, kovalev and stevenson.

if stevenson cracks badou or he declines with age or something it might happen down the line, but as long as jack is world class sauerland wont risk it and jack wont waste his time.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                doubt it.

even though boxing is legal in sweden there is little to no market for it. if you look at what jack has accomplished on an international scale it makes no sense for him to waste his abilities in sweden. especially considering how unappreciated he is.

skoglund meanwhile is being cuddled too softly by his promoter, he could have fought for a world title long ago but they clearly dont like his chances against a real threat. they will go the typical sauerland route and wait for a soft titleholder or a vacant belt.

a fight with jack is unlikely unless it is for big money, which it wouldnt be in sweden. i dont see jack going to denmark or germany to fight skoglund, his eyes should be on the top fighters in the division like ward, kovalev and stevenson.

if stevenson cracks badou or he declines with age or something it might happen down the line, but as long as jack is world class sauerland wont risk it and jack wont waste his time.
                I would think that a Skoglund-Jack fight would be massive in Sweden and on ppv obviously.

But then again you are a swede (or live in Sweden) right? So I reckon that you would know more about the Swedish interest in this bout.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  I would think that a Skoglund-Jack fight would be massive in Sweden and on ppv obviously.

But then again you are a swede (or live in Sweden) right? So I reckon that you would know more about the Swedish interest in this bout.
                  i am and i do. unfortunately i dont think there is such a thing as a massive boxing match in sweden. you could fill an arena but ppv would be low imo.

i mean jack just fought a big unification against an olympic champion and it was barely covered in the media. a small article in the backpages of the sport sections and maybe a minute or so of coverage on TV for a day or two. even in the boxing gyms the vast majority of people dont keep up with pro boxing.

boxing is very much an outsider sport in sweden, especially with the emergence of mma. but who knows, maybe it could do well for that very reason. that it is so unusual.

Comment

Working...
                  X