Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: I Don't Have To Fight Anymore, I Accomplished Everything

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
    You presume I think Calzaghe had a good resume, I dont. I aslo dont think he should be in the hall of fame for beating the likes Kessler and Bika.

Funnily enough you seem to forget that Calzaghe was old when he fought a prime Kessler. You say there's no comparison but wins over Eubank, Lacey, Bika, Hopkins and Roy Jones say otherwise.

Personally I dont think either have that great a resume but dont kid yourself and say one Resume is so much better than the other because it really isnt.
    Ward dominated Bika/Kess, Calzaghe didn't, you can't ignore that fact. It shows they are on 2 different levels. Joe wasn't old either, he was still fresh after a long career of fighting bums, Ward on the other hand completely green against Kessler.

-Eubank was shot and severely weight drained, coming off 2 losses, on the verge of retirement. (immediately moved to 190)

-RJJ was shot to pieces, if you're counting this as a great W, you must be new to boxing. Joe still got dropped.

-Hopkins, dismantled, DESTROYED by Joe Smith Jr., Kovalev, Dawson. Again, Joe got dropped, and it's not like either RJJ/Hop have KO power at these weights. What happens against a real LHW?

-Lacy, didn't beat anyone of note before or after, arguably lost to Vitali Tsypko right after the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      What the **** is this post? Main Events was the top promoter, is that the horrible contractual obligation Ward and Co. were forced into?

"Ward's name had to come in second, it was a nightmare."
      Andre Ward won the fight; to simply expect that that would change nothing is foolish.

The contract has apparently already had terms speaking to the financial terms, but Ward and his camp are unlikely to be willing to play the potted plant again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        Ward dominated Bika/Kess, Calzaghe didn't, you can't ignore that fact. It shows they are on 2 different levels. Joe wasn't old either, he was still fresh after a long career of fighting bums, Ward on the other hand completely green against Kessler.

-Eubank was shot and severely weight drained, coming off 2 losses, on the verge of retirement. (immediately moved to 190)

-RJJ was shot to pieces, if you're counting this as a great W, you must be new to boxing. Joe still got dropped.

-Hopkins, dismantled, DESTROYED by Joe Smith Jr., Kovalev, Dawson. Again, Joe got dropped, and it's not like either RJJ/Hop have KO power at these weights. What happens against a real LHW?

-Lacy, didn't beat anyone of note before or after, arguably lost to Vitali Tsypko right after the fight.
        I saw an old Calzaghe dominate a young, fresh Kessler. He won that fight convincingly.

You said Calzaghe's resume couldn't be compared to Ward's I gave you clear examples of why they are comparable.

After that fight How many champions did Hopkins beat? Dont try and make out that Hopkins was already washed up when he proceeded to beat several top fighters after the Calzaghe fight.

- Eubank was coming off 2 wins going into the Calzaghe fight. Maybe you should actually check before making stupid points that arent true.

- I dont count the RJJ fight as a great win but you're the one who wanted to talk about resume's and names on paper. RJJ is a big name.

- Jeff Lacy was the heavy favorite to not only beat Calzaghe but also stop him. Maybe you weren't watching boxing at the time. Lacy was an unbeaten fighter with plenty of knockouts, at the time the boxing journalists were calling him a mini Tyson. This is one of the few fights I would give props to Calzaghe for because he beat the hell out of Lacy and proved the doubters wrong.

All I see are you making excuses to discredit one fighter just so you can make one of you're heroes seem better than he actually is. Stop being a fanboy!

Comment

I saw an old Calzaghe dominate a young, fresh Kessler. He won that fight convincingly.

You said Calzaghe's resume couldn't be compared to Ward's I gave you clear examples of why they are comparable.

After that fight How many champions did Hopkins beat? Dont try and make out that Hopkins was already washed up when he proceeded to beat several top fighters after the Calzaghe fight.

- Eubank was coming off 2 wins going into the Calzaghe fight. Maybe you should actually check before making stupid points that arent true.

- I dont count the RJJ fight as a great win but you're the one who wanted to talk about resume's and names on paper. RJJ is a big name.

- Jeff Lacy was the heavy favorite to not only beat Calzaghe but also stop him. Maybe you weren't watching boxing at the time. Lacy was an unbeaten fighter with plenty of knockouts, at the time the boxing journalists were calling him a mini Tyson. This is one of the few fights I would give props to Calzaghe for because he beat the hell out of Lacy and proved the doubters wrong.

All I see are you making excuses to discredit one fighter just so you can make one of you're heroes seem better than he actually is. Stop being a fanboy!
          -Kessler won 3-4 rounds before JC could adjust, he landed 47% of his power shots:
          http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Jo...Mikkel_Kessler

A 25 year old Ward absolutely dominated Kessler, his only preparation was Miranda-Pudwill. He showed he was on another level, JC didn't. 47% power punches landed by Kessler, replace his name with Kovalev's, what do you honestly think the result is?

-Hopkins was 170lbs against Pavlik and the titles weren't on the line. We saw what Kovalev did to Pascal, even Gonzalez beat his ass.

Shumenov, Cloud? RJJ? Murat? You're really reaching, 4/5 of these guys including Pavlik are all face forward brawlers, tailor made for his style. Dawson, Kovalev, Smith Jr. all did it better than JC. RJJ, he's shot to ****, Johnson Green, Lebedev, Tarver all did it better.

-Eubank's last 2 wins were over journeyman that boxed out of 3rd world countries, one of them was a MW too! JC cherry picked the shyt out of his opponent.

-"Mini Tyson" Jeff Lacy had just arguably drew with journeyman Omar Sheika right before losing to JC. In what world is Omar Sheika a P4P quality fighter? He's a journeyman.

When you examine the actual facts, you'll see right through JC's bullshyt.

Comment

eubank hadn't beaten a top 10 fighter in years. 2 wins over bums.

lacy was not the heavy favorite. the odds were nearly dead even depending on the sports book. you can go back and look at website archives and see for yourself. lacy also was crap. worse resume than berto so how was that a good win? people were saying berto and broner were great so i guess they are?

roy jones was shot.

hopkins beat him quite easily. landed almost all the clean punches. calzaghe hitting air and getting countered. terrible decision and easy to score since only hopkins was landing.

he beat kessler, bika, and some other decent fighters. stop pretending he has a great resume. ward has a much better resume even though he lost to the best fighter he fought. he fought prime guys, better guys, and looked more impressive. i hate both guys btw

Comment

• He would be the biggest joke ever.
              Kovalev is still the man.

Comment

Please man, Zags whooped kessler, took his 0 and didn't need to headbutt him or resort to some MMA type tackles. Zags got headbutted by Bika and still won the fight by a comfortable margin.

Ward got dropped and outlanded pure and simple. If he retires instead of stepping up to his contractually obligated rematch, he's a fraud for life, the rest of his resume/legacy doesn't mean a hill of beans after that.

and comparing the Hopkins of today to the one from 6 years ago...smh, reaching for straws man, reaching real hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Please man, Zags whooped kessler, took his 0 and didn't need to headbutt him or resort to some MMA type tackles. Zags got headbutted by Bika and still won the fight by a comfortable margin.

Ward got dropped and outlanded pure and simple. If he retires instead of stepping up to his contractually obligated rematch, he's a fraud for life, the rest of his resume/legacy doesn't mean a hill of beans after that.

and comparing the Hopkins of today to the one from 6 years ago...smh, reaching for straws man, reaching real hard.
                  Kessler landed 47% of his power punches, if that's Kovalev, what happens? Don't dodge the question. Bika was lighting JC up haha, he stunned him numerous times in the fight.

The most dangerous punchers JC ever faced were Kessler and Lacy, it's an insult to compare him to SOG fresh off a W over Kovalev. Alexander Brand's 70% KO ratio is higher than 99% of JC's opponents, I can't make that up haha

Ward left JC in the dust a decade ago, he's already becoming irrelevant with fighters left and right destroying his career defining wins.

Comment

• "I accomplished everything"................................... except earning the respect of a vast amount of boxing fans.

Comment

Kessler landed 47% of his power punches, if that's Kovalev, what happens? Don't dodge the question. Bika was lighting JC up haha, he stunned him numerous times in the fight.

The most dangerous punchers JC ever faced were Kessler and Lacy, it's an insult to compare him to SOG fresh off a W over Kovalev. Alexander Brand's 70% KO ratio is higher than 99% of JC's opponents, I can't make that up haha

Ward left JC in the dust a decade ago, he's already becoming irrelevant with fighters left and right destroying his career defining wins.
                      The win you are bragging about was a fight where 70% of the observers had it for the other guy, since you seem to like numbers.

And bragging about phukking Alexander Brand...a 40 year old who was so bad that HBO initially rejected him as an opponent. NOW, that is something you can't make up..Hahahahahahha

Comment

Working...
                      X