Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden boy promotions is done for if canelo loses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a moot point, because Canelo is going to whip Cotto's cotton candy ass!!

Comment

Well who knows if they would be done, but they have a few fighters coming up and the 2016 Olympics are around the corner.
      I think GBP could end up signing most of the Mexican-American talent from the class.
      Carlos Balderas just qualified at 132.
      Ruben Villa is probably the favorite at 123 (over Shakur Stevenson) and has a good chance to qualify.

They're definitely going to be in a tough spot for a while. It seems like there is a lot of people that want Golden Boy to fail. Golden Boy is a company that is putting their best fighters in good fights, they're even having one of their up and comers, Shabranskyy, fight Yunieski Gonzalez. It's sink or swim for him. Golden Boy finds ways to keep their talent active even if it means fighting in local small venues and showed through Ring TV Live.
      I can't root against a company like that.

I think several promoters are suffering right now. Who has a big star currently?
      I think Pac has lost a lot of his shine. I don't think beating him will make someone like Crawford a star anymore.
      This may end up being a good thing. It could force promoters to actually work with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        I agree with you but the same can be said about Top Rank, PBC, Hearn. K2, Duva, etc... Once Pacquiao leaves Arum he doesnt have a PPV star, PBC has no PPV caliber fighters except Wilder but we are still waiting for that flower to blossom, and we already know Kovalev and GGG arent selling PPVs thats why this weekend plays alot into boxings future. A Canelo win generates a draw for boxing but Canelo doesnt have the unbeatable ora Manny (had), Floyd (has), or (huevos grande) like Marquez to break records or hold boxing afloat. Despite what people want to say, Manny vs Floyd did put a big stain on boxing and made it very hard for the up and comers to prove worthy of a $60+ ppv.
        Pbc and top rank have a lot of guys that can headline hbo or showtime.. Gbp literally has none in the first quarter of 2016.. Khan and Lucas are your next best options behind canelo.. Everyone else is years away from headling hbo..

If manny is gone, top rank still has bradley, doņaire, lomachenko, etc.. Haymon, floyd can leave and he still has wilder, Maidana, broner, stevenson, etc.. Guys that can headline hbo or showtime.. Gbp has none of that... Lucas might not take a major fight till 2017, and khan only fights once, maybe twice a year

Literally, roc nation will have more headliners with Ward and cotto, then gbp

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
          Depends how Canelo loses.

Thus fight looks good and close. They could easily do a rematch.
          Yeah, very true... But if he loses bad like he did vs floyd,, gbp is in some trouble

Comment

Working...
          X