No announcement yet.

Roy Jones, jr: fans paid to see a fight instead they got a boxing lesson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Maidana, Cotto, Hatton etc made Mayweather fight, the great Manny Pacquiao couldn't? NO...... he wouldn't.
    a counter right midway through the first round brought the Ghost Of Marquez out...many fighters stated that would happen....they said you NEVER recover mentally from such a devastating KO...they were right

Comment

People didn't think the Madaina fights were exciting? Man, I could have swore people were saying those fights were exciting because Floyd no longer had the legs to move.

Guess Floyd was telling the truth when he said he could have moved more, but he wanted to make a more exciting fight for the fans.

Comment

A lot of people wanted to see Pacquiao win. Mayweather made him look like an ordinary fighter. I think some people are just having a hard time wrapping their head around how easy it was for Mayweather. A lot of people said it would be but not too many listened.

Comment

it was a defensive lesson, but i thought mayweather's counter-punching wasn't what it used to be. in 2009 mayweather would have punished pacquiao much more than he did in 2015

Comment

The phrase "boxing lesson" is used to loosely. I had the fight a draw til I fell asleep at the end of the 11th. Comparing "The Fight of the Century" to Rigo vs Donaire is like comparing apples to oranges.

Comment

I don't know about "boxing lesson" ...both fighters looked scared and just wanted to get paid.

Rigo/donaire
              Algeri/provodnikov

Those are boxing lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerhemi06 View Post
                I don't know about "boxing lesson" ...both fighters looked scared and just wanted to get paid.

Rigo/donaire
                Algeri/provodnikov

Those are boxing lessons.

REALLY?!?

Comment

Originally posted by The Champions View Post
                  Pac produced the BS.

He didn't want to fight.

He had Floyd on the ropes and backed off.

Mayweather was in his face in the center of the ring....Manny did nothing.
                  Manny still landed the harder shots while Floyd got credit for arm punches and punches Manny blocked. Floyd was great defensively but did nothing significant offensively except for the 11th.

both were disappointing but Floyd was less disappointing so he won. Hardly a "boxing lesson", no one got punished nor dominated.

Comment

Working...
                  X