No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik had a seizure in court

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
    This is common for someone trying to detox. If that's the case.
    That may be true, but it might also be common among people who drink a lot of alcohol. I am not embarrassed to say that I was drinking a lot in my youth and I had a seizure myself when I was 18 years old. I wasn't drunk when I had it, but I was drinking way too much during that time. I was lying in bed when it happened and it felt as if I was going unconscious while I was trying to fight it. I guess my blood pressure was going down fast.
    Later I stopped getting drunk and I had never had a seizure since. So I personally do believe it had to do with my drinking and the doctor also asked me about alcohol consume.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
      That may be true, but it might also be common among people who drink a lot of alcohol. I am not embarrassed to say that I was drinking a lot in my youth and I had a seizure myself when I was 18 years old. I wasn't drunk when I had it, but I was drinking way too much during that time. I was lying in bed when it happened and it felt as if I was going unconscious while I was trying to fight it. I guess my blood pressure was going down fast.
      Later I stopped getting drunk and I had never had a seizure since. So I personally do believe it had to do with my drinking and the doctor also asked me about alcohol consume.

I had the same thing happen to me from about 18-20 yrs old. I had like 3 or 4. Stopped drinking hard liquor. Seizures went away. I was never drunk at the time so I never really thought that to be the problem...

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Why are people assuming alcohol caused this? The man was punched on the head for a living.
        You're correct, it's incorrect to assume it's alcohol related. However, there are about 40 doctors who post on this site and have reviewed Pavlik's medical records. So I guess we should defer to their medical opinion.

Comment

Working...
        X