Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alistair Overeem: "Jon Jones still a little INEXPERIENCED, Shogun will beat him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shogun got choke out by Forrest Griffin, LOL..... Bones Jones would literally murder Griffin in the 1st round

Comment

I agree with Overeem. Jones hasn't fought anyone near the caliber of Shogun.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Amazin View Post
        Man Jones is a freak of nature, like a young Roy Jones of MMA, Rua is a good fighter but the 1st Machida fight proves he doesnt always have that 7th gear...Jones does hes to slick, to unorthodox and can do everything Shogun can on his feet...plus he wrestles and his chokes and ground and pound are better!!!
        Nobody is capable of doing what Shogun can do on his feet in the LHW division.

Shogun got choke out by Forrest Griffin, LOL..... Bones Jones would literally murder Griffin in the 1st round
        Foolish comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
          I want to know how come Reem ducked prime Fedor?
          When Fedor was in his prime Alistair Overeem was fighting at 205.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian.. View Post
            When Fedor was in his prime Alistair Overeem was fighting at 205.
            Oh that was pre-roid Reem lol.

Comment

I can't say I've seen much of both of them, but from what I've seen, unless Jones is able to take Shogun down, he will lose.

Jones' style of striking is based on his speed and athleticism, similar to Machida. Can he feint though? Can he throw off Rua's timing? Jones can have his speed, size, and athleticism, if the fight is fought standing, Rua's counter kicking and punching will win.

This, especially, because the kid is inexperienced and probably cuts a ton of weight. After 2 or 3 rounds of trying to strike or takedown and only catching counter kicks to the body, he can either fall apart and get reckless or circle on the outside and surviving.

Comment

I agree with Overeem.

I like Jones, and I do buy the hype that he will be a future champion, but this is too soon for him to face a guy like Shogun.

No one on Jones' resume possesses half the ability of Shogun. I think Shogun will win by KO in the 2nd or 3rd.

If he does get knocked out, I hope it doesn't ruin Jones. He has the goods to be a champ, but is too green for a fighter of Shogun's caliber at the moment.

Comment

Rua has an edge on experience over Jones. BUt I see Jones athleticism as incomparable to any UFC fighter at the moment. Skill wise, I say Rua has never been as great during the Pride-era. On his UFC stay? Who has he beaten, aside from Lyoto (which I think is Lyoto's style could really be tailor-made for him), Coleman and Liddell? We dont see yet how Rua is made up of too since he joined the UFC.

Jones beat Hamil and Bader on grounds? HAve we seen Rua fights in the ground against the caliber of Hamil and Bader? Coleman is a wrestler but he is too old.

Cant we say that Vera is a technical fighter which Jones easily put in the ground? As his debut (though am not sure) against Bonnar, cant that be an indicator that Jones can adapt on his opponent's style?

Just my two cents.

Comment

Man Jones is a freak of nature, like a young Roy Jones of MMA, Rua is a good fighter but the 1st Machida fight proves he doesnt always have that 7th gear...Jones does hes to slick, to unorthodox and can do everything Shogun can on his feet...plus he wrestles and his chokes and ground and pound are better!!!
                    The only way Jones knocks Rua out standing is with one punch.. Don't see it happening, Shogun has great Muay Thai for an MMA fighter and off of the top of my head I can think of 10+ brutal stoppages from him. If the Machida fight showed anything, it's that Shogun can stand up and strategically defeat a Pan American Karate champion, with a black belt in Shotokan Karate under his father, Yoshizo Machida.

His ground and pound has worked well against low tier opponents and borderline gatekeepers, to put it above Shogun's is absurd. Rua has ground stoppages over Overeem x2 and Ricardo Arona. Jones hasn't stopped any ranked fighters from strikes.

That being said, I hope he beats Shogun. He's got young blood athleticism and hunger on his side.. It should be very tough for him to damage Rua. I'll put points on Jones though, just because he's a hometown fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
                      Rua has an edge on experience over Jones. BUt I see Jones athleticism as incomparable to any UFC fighter at the moment. Skill wise, I say Rua has never been as great during the Pride-era. On his UFC stay? Who has he beaten, aside from Lyoto (which I think is Lyoto's style could really be tailor-made for him), Coleman and Liddell? We dont see yet how Rua is made up of too since he joined the UFC.

Jones beat Hamil and Bader on grounds? HAve we seen Rua fights in the ground against the caliber of Hamil and Bader? Coleman is a wrestler but he is too old.

Cant we say that Vera is a technical fighter which Jones easily put in the ground? As his debut (though am not sure) against Bonnar, cant that be an indicator that Jones can adapt on his opponent's style?

Just my two cents.
                      Exactly, Rua hasnt beaten any good wrestler since his been in UFC... If Forrest Griffin can choke him out and Machida can draw with him the `1st fight, im GUARENTEEING, Jones will KHTFO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X