Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many rounds of that would Cotto take?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Based on his last couple of fights, I'm not sure you could say that. He's looked better now than he's done for the last 5 years.

Depending on how he looks vs Canelo, I would decide on his future after. One thing's for sure, he doesn't win vs GGG and he would probably get badly damaged.
    Look at his last few fights in context, compared to the previous few.

Martinez? That fight was always a question of if Martinez knees would hold up, they didn't.

Cotto won because a was in the ring with a fighter who relied on his mobility to win fight, but had none.

Also add in the fact that its impossible to throw powerful shots without your legs under you, as power starts from the legs and a solid foundation.

Then you have the Geale fight. Geale struggled with the weight, was already mentally compromised, and on the outs himself. Cotto was always much more talented than Geale.

So he has looked good in two performances vs old fighters on their way out.

But even if he looks good. Its still time for him. I have been a big fan of Miguel Cotto for many years. I admire him as a fighter. He has heart, intelligence, and craft.

But he has been in many wars, and he is not the same fighter he use to be. He is 34, has been in many brutal wars, has fought all of the best fighters of his generation, and deserves to have a long healthy life after boxing.

I feel he has at this point risking his long term health after he retires by continuing to fight.

He has made more money than he could have ever dreamed of when he started his career, more than enough to live comfortably for the rest of his life with his life style.

Comment

Cotto is not a middle weight so not many

Comment

Originally posted by Mr America View Post
        In Marg 1, Marg only put it on him for a couple of rounds before he quit.

Against Pacquiao he ran all night long, and was facing good guy pac so he didn't put it on him fully.

I reckon cotto quits in the second round rather than let us all witness the highlight reel ko with him flat on his back.
        I'm not sure which round Cotto takes his knee. Third or fourth. To end his career on his knee.

Comment

Cotto is light years ahead of Lemieux when it comes to overall boxing. You can't compare the two because they are so different. GGG is the much bigger/stronger fighter but Cotto is the better overall boxer. I don't see Cotto taking this fight at 160 because he is too damn small for GGG nor do I see Canelo taking this fight at 160 either.
          Last edited by Lords; 10-18-2015, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Cotto still has very good movement and can throw sharp, quick combinations so GGG isn't going to be throwing jabs all night long...or landing them. But he will break Cotto down and in all honesty, with the size differential, I think Cotto gets taken out in 5 or 6.

Comment

Nope, Cotto won't fight him and why should he? He has nothing left to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                Look at his last few fights in context, compared to the previous few.

Martinez? That fight was always a question of if Martinez knees would hold up, they didn't.

Cotto won because a was in the ring with a fighter who relied on his mobility to win fight, but had none.

Also add in the fact that its impossible to throw powerful shots without your legs under you, as power starts from the legs and a solid foundation.

Then you have the Geale fight. Geale struggled with the weight, was already mentally compromised, and on the outs himself. Cotto was always much more talented than Geale.

So he has looked good in two performances vs old fighters on their way out.

But even if he looks good. Its still time for him. I have been a big fan of Miguel Cotto for many years. I admire him as a fighter. He has heart, intelligence, and craft.

But he has been in many wars, and he is not the same fighter he use to be. He is 34, has been in many brutal wars, has fought all of the best fighters of his generation, and deserves to have a long healthy life after boxing.

I feel he has at this point risking his long term health after he retires by continuing to fight.

He has made more money than he could have ever dreamed of when he started his career, more than enough to live comfortably for the rest of his life with his life style.
                This

Throw in Yuri foreman as well

let's look at this "new cotto" who people praise so much since the pac fight

Yuri Foreman- a bum, who had one leg and cotto didn't look impressive

Mayorga- Lol

Antonio Margarito- another disabled fighter, blind in one eye.

Mayweather- he actually did ok in this one, but mayweather made a meal out of fat chainsmoker maidana too so it happens

Austin Trout- schooled his ass bad, people always forget this

Rodriguez- LOL

Martinez- another disabled fighter who should have been in a wheelchair, not a boxing ring

Geale- LOL

Seriously, cotto has been frauding for years, he lost to clottey too.

Comment

Golovkin would smash cottos brains out.

we all know it

Comment

Probably 4 or 5. Cotto would stick and move but Golovkin would hunt him down quickly and he isnt taking any of the body shots and surviving.

Comment

Working...
                    X