Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is not a better director then Clint Eastwood right now.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The HayeMaker View Post
    Gran torino was a great film with an even better ending
    I went to see it in the cinema for free on some Media Studies thing a while back, I don't know why college made us see it - it was irrelevent to our work However, we all agreed that is wa sa very good film, and the end suprised me. I expected a cheesy shootout where Clint blows all the bad guys away, I was glad to be wrong though.

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
    I personally like David Fincher better.

I also like Ridley Scott a lot
    Agreed on both counts.

Comment

Clint Eastwood is cool (an icon) but a bit overrated as a director, IMO. Unforgiven was damn good, but Mystic River and Million Dollar Baby were hyped up (OK films not great). MDB was kinda transparent in the way it was trying to pull the emotional heart strings.

Have yet to see his more recent flicks, but looking foward to seeing Gran Torino when it comes on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        Paul Thomas Anderson>Terrence Malick>Clint Eastwood
        Paul Thomas Anderson is one of the best directors around and no doubt better than Clint.

My favourite current generation director is Aronofsky though. I think he's got a lot more artistic flair than anyone else around. Him and P. T. Anderson have proven to be far superior screenplay writers than Clint too - who hasn't actually done much writing at all.

As for the Eastwood films you mentioned,

Mystic River - good film, much better book
        Million Dollar Baby - meh
        Flags of our Fathers - meh
        Letters from Iwo Jima - pretty good
        Changeling - decent
        Gran Torino - I thought this was terrible myself
        Invictus - shameless Oscar bait, didn't like it

I love Unforgiven though, and enjoyed a couple other of his earlier films which names I can't remember right now.
        Last edited by S.G.; 03-24-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

guy ritchie>>>>>>clint

Comment

Originally posted by The HayeMaker View Post
            Gran torino was a great film with an even better ending
            gran torino was overrated decent movie but doesnt live up to the hype

Comment

Changeling and Mystic River were the only two films on that list that I found even decent.

I don't like Eastwood at all.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                He is on a roll........

Mystic River
                Million Dollar Baby
                Flags of our Fathers
                Letters from Iwo Jima
                Changeling
                Gran Torino
                Invictus
                Disagree, i like christopher nolan and paul thomas anderson as the best right now.

I like mystic river, million dollar baby, and iwo jim but other then that clint eastwood's movies are kind of boring.

Comment

changelling got me. i felt really fawking sad watching it. i got attached to it

Comment

What's with the hate for Million Dollar Baby? I loved it personally. One of the best films ever made about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
                      What's with the hate for Million Dollar Baby? I loved it personally. One of the best films ever made about boxing.
                      Yeah i though it was a good film. Gran Torino however was fairly average with some of the worst acting I have seen in a Clint Eastwood film.

Comment

Working...
                      X