Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Floyd would have been able to take rounds off Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which fighters are you referring to that defeated them? Prime for prime, any top welterweights but of the previous generation including Pacquiao and Mayweather would definitely have a loss on their record for fighting any of the four kings. Crawford would definitely have the best chance to beat any of them I agree. He's incredibly versatile and he hits pretty hard, he makes you pay dearly for every mistake. But Thurman, Porter, Garcia haven't shown the kind of versatility needed or the grit to defeat any of the 4 kings. They haven't passed the eye test, I'd give Spence the best chance because of his size. Floyd would have to be ultra defensive by the way against Duran and Hearns. He was once a super featherweight so you're correct. Either way, these historical comparisons don't do much for us, they always divide the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      Placing Mayweather in with ATG welters is ridiculous!
      He has about 12 fights at 147 and has NO power, refused to punch in combination and ran against anyone with a pulse.
      Hearns destroys Mayweather in a few rounds once he gets distance and Mayweather gets trapped.

Floyd Mayweather is NOT an ATG at welterweight he isn't in the top twenty and if you don't know that your just not a knowledgeable history fan. The guy has NO Power can you understand that against the greats they just walk him down and beat him up!
      A prime Armstrong and Duran beat the living hell out of him, he can't HURT them!
      Robinson
      Gavilan
      Basilo
      Leonard
      Griffith
      Napoles
      Britton
      Lewis
      Trinidad
      Walker
      Burley
      Walcott
      Ross
      Curry
      Starling
      Angott
      Zivic

Then there are me3n like Dykes and Zanelli and Ortega that would chase Mayweather all over the ring because he'd be running like a track star.

When you can't hit hard and often in the welter division your in big trouble against the all time greats. E#ven the next tier of talents will get you in trouble when they bring desire and a no BS attitude to the ring.

Mayweathers best was at 130 when he had better power and a two handed attack.
      His 11 or 12 bouts at welter against past prime welters and lightweights doesn't justify a high ranking.
      His 50-0 record is just numbers. Who did he beat and when did he beat them. 11-0 isn't exactly a chest pumping record.

You saw a determined Duran move to 47 in the first Leonard fight. When did you ever see Mayweather fight like that at welter? Thats right never!
      Mean, determined, aggressive, high work rate, two handed attack.............more like move away, counter with one punch move again, tie up and NEVER punch with the opponent.
      Oh yeah who picked his opponents? Who was the promotion who was the matchmaker and picked the venue and you saw who judged, refereed and called all the shots.

Businessman, one of the best if not the best!
      Even at 130lbs he would have his hands full with the top fifteen.

The biggest purse fight of all time was one of the worst title fights EVER.
      Stop the nonsense that this guy is a great welter,
      he has NO POWER!!! Try to understand that.

Ray
      PTI ..............

disclaimer - there are no wrong answers in these hypothetical situations. just more popular ones.

you dont have to hurt a guy to beat them. if you were watching may at work these past # of years, youd know this.

no one, and i mean no one under ww beats may. ever.
      no one beats up may at ww/cw.

Comment

Floyd fought Pacquiao like he was packing a super middleweights punch. Imagine how he would fight Hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
          Floyd fought Pacquiao like he was packing a super middleweights punch. Imagine how he would fight Hearns.
          smaller, past it version may vs prime bigger hearns

yeah. seems fair to me too.

Comment

" if you were watching may at work these past # of years, youd know this."..................Work?

What work he picked his opponents and hasn't had to fight in years. When a guy like Maidana chases him all over the ring and you can see fear in a mans eyes then you don't need much of an imagination to figure what he would do against fighters far superior to Marcos.

If you think "may" is the greatest I'm ok with that because your just another fan boy who only posts to get a reaction from others. Just another punk kid who needs attention.

He has 11 bouts at 147, he is not a top twenty at that weight.
            Open your eyes and try to learn something, this kid has no power this is pro boxing he is NOT Willie Pep who fought the same fight for 25 years. Mayweather doesn't fight the same fight he did at 130 because in that division his power is ok. At 147 he can't break wind!
            However you do every time you write!
            Enough on this garbage fanboys are a waste.......

Ray

Comment

Hearns by utter annihilation

Comment

Floyd would have been dominated by Hearns. Terrible mismatch.

Comment

Mayweather would probably take a few rounds but it's hard to imagine him taking many and not getting hurt by Hearns at some point. Horrible style match up for Floyd here. Floyd against the Fab 4; I think Hearns and Duran would be the worst styles for him.

Comment

Hearns leaves the arena in handcuffs facing a murder rap as Floyd lays bleeding in the ring.:boxing

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      Most people have debated the result, but now that we have seen Floyd's career all the way through, I think its fair to say this would have been his Everest in terms of style.

As great as Floyd is/was, and lets face it, he is one of the most talented fighters to ever lace them up, I think this is such a physical and stylistic mismatch, that I am not sure how he wins rounds?

If you disagree, please elaborate.
                      N o i don't disagree but think its like sayin Hearns could not beat Holyfield at Cruiser.Way to big and NO ONE outboxed Hearns.But in PFP sence Floyd was the better fighter.And Hearns is one of my all time favs.

Comment

Working...
                      X