Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights That Went Completely The Other Way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's not forget, everyone's favorite, Khan vs. Prescott.

Comment

That would have to be the first Vince McMahon/ Steve Austin match, hey?

Comment

jmm vs pac iv....nite nite
        benn vs gman ....damn shame
        that chinese dude vs kirkland....lmao
        holy vs rahman....did his head ever give birth ?!?!?
        canelo vs 3g....was not supposed to go to the judges
        mayorga vs vernon 2x !

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          That would have to be the first Vince McMahon/ Steve Austin match, hey?
          Yeah and speaking of WWF, I certainly didn't pick Bart Gunn to win the Brawl for All boxing tournament. And I never saw the point of him then having to fight Butterbean at Wrestlemania only to get knocked out in the second round.

Comment

It's just a shame McMahon never challenged the Klit bros.

Comment

Yeah, he could've hit them with chair shots when the ref wasn't looking and then had them join his "kiss my a$$ club."

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Yeah and speaking of WWF, I certainly didn't pick Bart Gunn to win the Brawl for All boxing tournament. And I never saw the point of him then having to fight Butterbean at Wrestlemania only to get knocked out in the second round.
                Second round? He was knocked out in like a minute, probably less.

Comment

Oh yeah, I must be thinking of when Holyfield TKO'd Matt Hardy on Saturday Night's Main Event. Anyway, that tournament was considered disastrous, because hardly any of those guys had any boxing experience and the most legit tough guy in it, Doctor Death Steve Williams, got injured early on, so that took some of the fun out of it. But having the winner fight an experienced boxer, albeit not a top one, was a huge mistake. It lead to Gunn being let go, even though it wasn't his idea or fault.

Comment

Oh yeah, I must be thinking of when Holyfield TKO'd Matt Hardy on Saturday Night's Main Event. Anyway, that tournament was considered disastrous, because hardly any of those guys had any boxing experience and the most legit tough guy in it, Doctor Death Steve Williams, got injured early on, so that took some of the fun out of it. But having the winner fight an experienced boxer, albeit not a top one, was a huge mistake. It lead to Gunn being let go, even though it wasn't his idea or fault.
                    You forget when Buster Douglas knocked out Randy Savage

Comment

This is accurate, you definitely know your stuff. But I don't think Dr. Death was injured, he was legitimately knocked out by Bart Gunn. Dr. Death was the favorite to win and he was going work a main event program with Stone Cold afterwards. But he got knocked out so his tough guy image was gone, so they let him go.

And WWF could have made a big star out of Bart Gunn if they didn't put him in there against Butterbean.

Brawl for all was just a big waste. No pay off, just a bunch of injuries. One of Vince Russo's "brilliant" ideas.

Comment

Working...
                      X