This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    I actually read something on that when he first transferred.

Supposedly The way the deal was set up, Spurs only pay like 6m (estimate) a year for every year on his contract. If he is sold at any time, Newcastle only receive payment for the years played at Spurs. I don't recall it exactly but the gist is that Spurs can end up paying a meager 6m for him if he is flogged off by window end.
    That can't be right, surely?

Most transfers are amortised over the course of the contract I'd imagine Chelsea have only just stopped paying Liverpool for Torres.

Unless when Spurs sell Sissoko Newcastle get those payments which will likely be a lot less because Sissoko is ordinary as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      That can't be right, surely?

Most transfers are amortised over the course of the contract I'd imagine Chelsea have only just stopped paying Liverpool for Torres.

Unless when Spurs sell Sissoko Newcastle get those payments which will likely be a lot less because Sissoko is ordinary as hell.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2016/9/1/12748460/tottenham-hotspur-transfer-news-rumors

I was able to found the piece that I read. I don't know how much truth there is to the dealings but if Spurs only paying to the point of Sissoko leaving is true, Levy did a good bit of negotiation.

Comment

• That is wild.

It surprises me that clubs actually deal with Spurs. Surely, they are burning bridges?

Everton will never deal with Chelsea again for bidding £40 mill for Stones.

Comment

• So Coutinho just confirmed that he has absolutely no idea about the drivel put out by Barcelona in the press. No meetings, no transfer requests, no agreed terms.. bullchit basically.

Coutinho is staying and Keita and Van Dijk are days away.

Comment

• Hope that Barkley link to Chelsea is nonsense.

RLC is better than him, so is Baker.

I trust Conte but surely he sees that.

The only English players useful to Chelsea would be Bertrand, Ox, and Mikael Antonio. Even then they would all be squad players.

Really unless your buying Harry Kane (impossible) no English player is going to make Chelsea a better team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
              So Coutinho just confirmed that he has absolutely no idea about the drivel put out by Barcelona in the press. No meetings, no transfer requests, no agreed terms.. bullchit basically.

Coutinho is staying and Keita and Van Dijk are days away.
              If Neymar does go PSG ( which is looking increasingly likely). I think it's a given Barca will sign Coutinho.

All Liverpool can do is try and get top dollar for him.

Comment

• yeah nobody turns down Barca and Real Madrid tbh.

All players in the premiership would transfer to either in a heartbeat.

The only exceptions might have been someone like John Terry at Chelsea, Gary Neville at United, and Jamie Carragher at Liverpool. But its doubtful those clubs would ever want those players.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/890985736354320385

Comment

• They kind of picked the wrong club to try and haggle with. Leipzig are loaded and don't need that scouse money.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      That's a little far.

Hazard won Ligue 1 I believe and I don't even know who was on that squad besides him. Unless someone of note was on that team, i would say Hazard was the reason they even won anything to begin with.

Hazard didn't do the CL like Mbappe did but there were many players equal in quality to Mbappe on Monaco unlike Hazard to Lille.

Even Falcao looked like an actual striker again in Monaco.
                      Gervinho was in that side, you should know him

Comment

Working...
                      X