No announcement yet.

Esteban DeJesus HOF worthy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esteban DeJesus HOF worthy?

I think he is, not only was he a splendid crafty boxer who could hit well, he also holds a win over prime Roberto Duran! Held a LW title and defended against good contenders before losing it to Duran again.

Wins.
    Roberto Duran who was actually champion at the time. (HOF)
    Guts Ishimatsu. (LW Champ.)
    Alfonso Fraser (JWW Champ.)
    Edwin Viruet (Top contender.)
    Ray Lampkin (Top contender.)
    In his 3 defences all were ranked in the Top 10 by the Ring.

He also scored to beautiful knockdown's of Duran, especially the first one.

Do you think this qualifies for HOF?

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    I think he is, not only was he a splendid crafty boxer who could hit well, he also holds a win over prime Roberto Duran! Held a LW title and defended against good contenders before losing it to Duran again.

Wins.
    Roberto Duran who was actually champion at the time. (HOF)
    Guts Ishimatsu. (LW Champ.)
    Alfonso Fraser (JWW Champ.)
    Edwin Viruet (Top contender.)
    Ray Lampkin (Top contender.)
    In his 3 defences all were ranked in the Top 10 by the Ring.

He also scored to beautiful knockdown's of Duran, especially the first one.

Do you think this qualifies for HOF?
    Based on who has been chosen for the BHOF, yes.

Comment

He's in the HOF. Isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        He's in the HOF. Isn't he?
        Not the IBHOF. Which to my knowledge is the most respected one.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          Not the IBHOF. Which to my knowledge is the most respected one.
          Ahh, but he's in the other one I believe.

If a fighter is to be inducted in either one of those I consider them to be HOF'ers.

Comment

If a fighter is to be inducted in either one of those I consider them to be HOF'ers.
            I don't feel that way, the IBHOF is a much more exclusive club. For example Guts Ishimatsu is in the WBHF but, not the IBHOF. There's a distinct difference in where their line is drawn.

Still Barry McGuigan found his way into both?

Comment

That's fair but the IBHOF is what most are usually referring too when they say HOFer. Arguments about the bar being too low there are exploded at World Hall which has let in guys like Chuvalo (NOT a HOFer in any sense).

DeJesus killing that kid probably has something to do with his exclusion to date.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                That's fair but the IBHOF is what most are usually referring too when they say HOFer. Arguments about the bar being too low there are exploded at World Hall which has let in guys like Chuvalo (NOT a HOFer in any sense).

DeJesus killing that kid probably has something to do with his exclusion to date.
                Yeah, maybe. He was also rumoured to be a ****sexual and I'm not saying it has done but, it might affect his chances if some of the voting committee are religious or whatever.

Chuvalo as a person, is a HOF, ATG etc in my eyes.

Comment

I forgot about that and it makes sense now. I'm sure that does have a lot to do with it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X