Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or false Devervyanchenko beats Charlo in close one?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough call for me. I was one of the few expecting a competitive fight by Derevyanchenko last night & I also think Mell is gonna surprise some mfers downplaying him right now to when he gets a big fight. So I think both guys we've not seen their absolute best vs high level guys at all or very much so tough call on who'd win this one for me cuz I think both got ceilings they havent reached yet & its hard to say when thats the case whos ceiling ends up being the highest.

If pressed Id have to say Derevyanchenko today, but thats cuz hes walked thru some fire & Mell hasnt yet & maybe Im wrong that he can come thru it so proven results > projected results that might surpass proven results.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
      I say his infighting plus speed give charlo fits plus I dont think Jermall has enough power to get job done your thoughts?
      True or false is based on facts, not opinions/beliefs. Two completely disparage things altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Just because he performed well against ggg doesn’t mean he will against Charlo.
        Which is exactly why it's a good fight to make - because we DON'T know if Sergiy is as good as he's appeared against G and Jacobs, nor do we know if Charlo is any good because right now, Charlo is an 'eye test' fighter.

It's a perfect test for both guys to know what we're seeing and whether it's legit, on BOTH sides.

Comment

Derevyanchenko is very battle tested now. A clear argument can be made that he defeated GGG, and too a lesser extent Jacobs. That experience against two of the premier guys in the division is the best thing SD has going for him. However, Charlo is undefeated and has that unbeaten confidence. Honestly its a pick em fight, with maybe a slight advantage to Derev.

Comment

Hard to say how good Charlo and Andrade are, because they fight on level below. Time to step up in competition.

Comment

It’s an easy win for Dereyvchenko. I’ve always felt that way. The Charlo’s just aren’t good.

Comment

If the pbc and Charlo thought they could win they would of already had that fight. It couldnt be any more clear that charlo is getting protected big time.

Comment

They are both PBC fighters as you've seen Sam Watson standing behind Derevyanchenko last night. Mind-boggling why Charlo keeps fighting cans when Sergey is in the same street. Haymon is a cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
                    I say his infighting plus speed give charlo fits plus I dont think Jermall has enough power to get job done your thoughts?
                    Charlo can fight coming forward/going backwards, is sharp on the counter, and has carried his pop to 160lbs apparently.

Derevyanchenko is legit, but styles make fights

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      I'd have to favour him. Devervyanchenko has been in fights against GGG and Jacobs, that IMO could of gone either way.
                      While Charlo still hasn't really faced anyone at 160.
                      He faced korobov and clearly lost got a gift decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X