Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Salvador Sanchez never died.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I often considered the possibility that Azumah might have done better if he secured a rematch with a bit more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      I often considered the possibility that Azumah might have done better if he secured a rematch with a bit more experience.
      I also think that azumah had the element of surprise on sanchez,, in a rematch sanchez would also be more prepared for nelson

Comment

I believe Sanchez might have moved up to 135 in time but not above that limit. I don't think anyone defeats him at that time he was miles ahead of everyone for such a young man. I think that Sal is a top ten feather and could easily be considered a top five feather ATG.
        I can see Pep being a tuff challenge because of Pep's enormous experience and tremendous jab and foot speed. Possibly Sadler because Sandy gives anyone and everyone big problems with his tremendous power. Sugar Ramos could also give him a good fight but I think Sal wins. Ike certainly would but Ike was a lightweight and above at his best!
        Salvador Sanchez was one of the best pro boxers ever in my opinion and his death was a heavy loss in the boxing world. He was bringing back a favorite weight class from years gone by and would have been on top for many years to come. R.I.P Champeon! Ray.

Comment

Sanchez would be in the top ten finest boxers i have ever seen, beautiful balance, technique, he could punch, he had a chin, he had decent speed and was smooth as hell. He's like a Ray Robinson in that he was exceptional in a number of areas with few weaknesses in his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            What would his career look like if he would have fought thru the rest of the 80s
            Unfortunately there's no way to know the answer to your question sir, but one can only imagine that he would have most likely had more then an illustrious career.

Comment

I think chavez sr is the greatest mexican fighter that ever lived.I think Salvador had the potential to be better tho, he skills all around were better than Chavez. It's a shame will never know how good Salvador could of been. His fight with that Puerto Rican cat was legendary. What year was that in? Who else was at the top around Salvador's weight?
              Last edited by Chiboxing123; 01-24-2014, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                I believe Sanchez might have moved up to 135 in time but not above that limit. I don't think anyone defeats him at that time he was miles ahead of everyone for such a young man. I think that Sal is a top ten feather and could easily be considered a top five feather ATG.
                I can see Pep being a tuff challenge because of Pep's enormous experience and tremendous jab and foot speed. Possibly Sadler because Sandy gives anyone and everyone big problems with his tremendous power. Sugar Ramos could also give him a good fight but I think Sal wins. Ike certainly would but Ike was a lightweight and above at his best!
                Salvador Sanchez was one of the best pro boxers ever in my opinion and his death was a heavy loss in the boxing world. He was bringing back a favorite weight class from years gone by and would have been on top for many years to come. R.I.P Champeon! Ray.
                Yes his tragic accident was so sad

Comment

I think you mean if he had lived longer. Never died? Everybody dies at some point, just happened a lot sooner for Sanchez.

Comment

Sanchez wouldn't even fight the next best fighter in his weight class, but we're supposed to believe he'd hop up two weight classes to fight someone who was already in the process of moving up another weight class?

Empty bluster from Don King and little else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      I also think that azumah had the element of surprise on sanchez,, in a rematch sanchez would also be more prepared for nelson
                      Element of surprise? Nelson was an inexperianced 13-0 when he challenged Sanchez. He was ahead on the scorecards when he was stopped in the 15th and final round. The next few fights Nelson improved dramatically.

Comment

Working...
                      X