No announcement yet.

Lomachenko In The Firmament Of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    look at a TRULY great fighter like Telepeo Stevenson and say... "well... the amateurs don't mean anything when it comes to professional fighting"
    amateur dont mean sh%t.
    prove it as a pro or they are a fraud.

Comment

• There was definite talk of Loma being one of the ATGs but I always held off on it. He had too few fights and too few fights at the highest level. His win against LInares and Walters were his absolute best and his skill set was always very very good but being great requires so much more.

He has the opportunity to come back against Lopez if he wants to take it and then there are solid top level guys he needs to beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        There was definite talk of Loma being one of the ATGs but I always held off on it. He had too few fights and too few fights at the highest level. His win against LInares and Walters were his absolute best and his skill set was always very very good but being great requires so much more.

He has the opportunity to come back against Lopez if he wants to take it and then there are solid top level guys he needs to beat.
        - -Teo nixed the rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -Teo nixed the rematch.
          Not really. He seemed pretty pissed off about how he'd been treated in this contract but I cant imagine he'd turn down the lions share.

The bigger issue is Loma didn't even mention a rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Not really. He seemed pretty pissed off about how he'd been treated in this contract but I cant imagine he'd turn down the lions share.

The bigger issue is Loma didn't even mention a rematch.
            - -Under sedation for shoulder surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
              - -Under sedation for shoulder surgery.
              they should give this coward heart surgery after that scared and pitiful performance LMAO 😝

Comment

• - -U gluteous maximus setting off smoke alarms again?

Comment

• Like I said before, Lopez is a BIG and explosive fighter. Lomachenko entered the ring against an unknown commodity with ring rust.

The outcome really doesn't change anything. And if Loma won, it would have been wonderful for his career, but I really don't think it would have moved the needle much.

A bigger problem would be if this caused him to shy away from continuing to chase big fights. Or if Lopez simply had his Buster Douglas moment. I don't believe, and certainly pray, neither is true. But the fight itself really didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.... big picture, of course.

Comment

• Chenko has a long torso and short elbows.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                      Chenko has a long torso and short elbows.
                      what's your take on his shoulders?

Comment

Working...
                      X