No announcement yet.

How can people call Cotto a bum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    I agree with the CW are bull****, but the fact remains Cotto lost almost every round and got the **** beat out of him. He was lucky to get decisions against Mosley and Clottey, got the crap beat out of him by Margarito and it looked like it was going to happen again in the 2nd fight before the doctor stopped it. Cotto is a good fighter but is overrated by many, he has fought tough opposition and he deserves credit for that but he's not anywhere close to being an ATG.
    You an idiot, plain and simple. He lost almost every round... yes, but he won nearly every minute of 1, 3 and 4 until the knockdowns after the second he was done. And as I said, it's obvious you've never even set foot in a ring your entire life because not having a trainer and the biggest factor in that fight was Cotto's mental state. If you lace up gloves you would know that but obviously you don't. As for getting "lucky" I hate when people like you say he was lucky, no he got the nod in two very close fights, the Clottey one being closer. Floyd lost to Oscar then using your logic and Castillo, but both of those are false because neither decisions were robberies like Williams/Lara.

Dumbasses like you need to realize that when you STEP UP your competition your fights get more competitive it's just common ****ing knowledge man. Patriots vs Jets was a slaughter, put those same Pats in there with the 49'rs and/or Ravens and you have a different story. And the Clottey fight, just STFU already Cotto had one eye... how would you fare against a cut requiring 20 stitches and blood dripping in your eye. It's obvious you've never been in the ring, and while it doesn't mean you are ignorant to boxing, it certainly means there are things you just don't understand. These thing all take affect into what happens in the ring against any given opponent.

Comment

This thread is ridiculous.

1st of all, if you think Mosley beat Cotto you don't know how to score a fight. That was not a fight that could have gone either way, it was a clear Cotto win. And Mosley was not shot at that point...past his prime, certainly. Still a very solid win.

The vacant belt argument is an absolute joke. This mythical "take the title from the champ" is meaningless. It's who you beat for the title. Quintana was a better opponent to beat for a title than half of the existing title holders but people have a hard on for that ******ed mentality, it's sad. Not to mention, the Clottey fight was gonna be a unification till the IBF stripped him.

Cotto was an elite fighter but it was just for a short amount of time unfortunately. Margarito beat the elite out of him and most of all took all of his confidence.

He's already bounced back better than I thought he could but his time as a true elite was a short one...still a HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
        He fought to survive for the second half of the fight but breaking a guys ear while surviving is no joke. I think in a rematch he would adjust and give a better fight, even if he ends up losing anyway.
        Making Floyd's nose bloody and busting Manny's ear doesn't impress me, to be honest. I don't pay all that much mind to injuries inflicted while fighting. It's a fight, after all. One good shot can draw blood, or even break something. Now, it's different when one guy lays such a beating on the other, through repeated blows, that he causes injury. That's what Pacquiao did to Miguel.

Again, Mayweather-Cotto: competitive; Pacquiao-Cotto...not so much.

Comment

I think I am from another planet. I cant be from a place that bum and Cotto share a sentence.

Comment

Why is this even a Debate? Cotto is beyond trying to prove himself as a fighter...now is basically the downside of his career, his PRIME has come and gone

If Cotto haven't convinced you yet then he will never convince you!

I do think next week we could see him talk about Retiring if he loses to Trout which I think is a STRONG POSSIBILITY even though I will be rooting for Cotto all the way...I would not be shocked if Trout makes Cotto look washed up, I think Trout is catching him at the RIGHT TIME, coming off of a tough fight with Mayweather and usually fighters for what ever reason after they lose to Mayweather it seems to go down hill after that for some strange reason

Win, Lose or Draw next week, Cotto has proven himself YEARS AGO as a fighter!

Comment

-Vacant belt king
              -Only non vacant belt win was against Yuri "the gimp" Foreman
              -Best win is a past prime Mosley

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
              Whoever calls him that is an idiot. Cotto is one of the few greats and is only a notch below Pacquiao and Mayweather. His record in Championship fights is amazing and so is resume where he's facen close to 20 world champions or former world champions.
              Cotto is NOT a "great" theres a difference between great and good. He was a good fighter, nothing more nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                Who cares? The Austin Trout will be his second fight for a non vacant title, but look at his record and the opponents he has faced throughout his career.

Maussa
                Ndou
                Bailey
                Torres
                Malignaggi
                Quintana
                Judah
                Mosley

All of them became champs after facing Cotto. Then you add other titlists

Bazan
                Corley
                Clottey
                Foreman
                Margarito
                Mayorga
                @ the bolded parts, your reaching with those wins. Judah is a fucking bum who hadn't won a fight in 2 years when he faced Cotto. Mayorga? are you seriously putting that win in there?. Malifaggi won a title, who cares? he beat a Euro goat farmer and Bailey landed one lucky shot, both of those guys suck.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  Losses: Margarito, Pacquiao, Mosley, Clottey, Mayweather
                  Wins: Jennings, Mayorga, Foreman

not bad, I've seen worse on FNF. He's a C+/Gate keeper level fighter.
                  Definitely not a bum.
                  If you think he lost against Shane, you got issues. Shane got out worked in that fight. Im curious to know what rounds you gave to Shane.

Comment

Even a washed up Cotto is not a bum. I just totally disagree with the fanatics that put him in a pedestal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                      -Vacant belt king
                      -Only non vacant belt win was against Yuri "the gimp" Foreman
                      -Best win is a past prime Mosley

Cotto is NOT a "great" theres a difference between great and good. He was a good fighter, nothing more nothing less.
                      Who are Great fighters right now if Cotto isn't one? Only guy Worthy of that title IMO is Mayweather. And no, Manny isn't a great fighter IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X