Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many tickets can be sold at Pacquiao-Clottey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
    Cotto is not an undercard fighter.
    He was vs Jennings. If this is a Top Rank promotion that has all ot Top Ranks best vs the best than easily 30k depending on pricing. The main factors are

1. Cost of Ticket
    2. Quality of fights
    3. If it is going against a Floyd date in Las Vegas.

The reason Bob is makeing this fight in Cowboy stadium is to piss of MGM because they gave the March 13 date to Mayweather because he is a bigger draw IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
      true, but still doesn't make sense with the venue unless you thought this fight would bring in 50-60k or more, which it wont.
      honestly, i think it would..remember, marg-mosley? 20K in LA.could have been much bigger. and i read that they would modify the stadium for 40K sits. but honestly, i can see it going 50 or 60K if those fights are made. Cotto and Margarito would fight for free (remember Marg saying he would kill Cotto next time). Valero would not ask much coz this is his first time to fight on spotlight. and Donaire as well. a chance for him to replace pac as the pinoy hero coz probably this could be Pac's fight. 25K tickets for Cotto-Marg alone

Comment

I havent paid attention to the fans Margarito may have lost, but in Texas there is a large Mexican population. Most of them probably dont keep up with boxing as we do and might just be lured in by good promotion.

If Margarito was able to get 20k in Staples Center, the biggest crowd that arena has seen. I dont think it is out of the equation for 5k fans in Texas to want to see him.

Comment

Tough to say, but another question will get anwser for me; and that's how big of a draw Pacquiao is or isn't. This time he will carry this fight solely on his own. Since with all due respect to Clottey does not have the same fanbase that Pacquiao carrys with him. It'll also give me a gadge on if this drug testing **** has hurt his fan base, and a chance to see if the people still imbrace him the way they did before this whole roids accusation was thrown out there. That's the 2 question that will tell it all for me. Can he draw a big crowd without the help of a dance partner and will his legion of fans still be there after the aftermath of him being accused of taking roids? Only time will tell...

Comment

Working...
          X