Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Likely At UFC 92 AND MORE!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Likely At UFC 92 AND MORE!!!

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Likely At UFC 92 AND MORE!!!

Chris Insinna

PRIDE superstar Mauricio “Shogun” Rua will likely return to the cage and face former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson at UFC 92 in December, according to the Brazilian news magazine Tatame.

“I’m back to training. I’m doing some Muay Thai and Jiu-Jitsu stuff, and thanks God everything is fine now”

“I’ll be back in December… They said that I might fight with Quinton Jackson, but nothing has been signed yet.

“They (UFC) called me and offered a fight with him (Rampage) and I accepted, but they didn’t say anything else more”

(Quinton’s Legal Problems) “can be a problem, but I want him back in December and against me, and I believe he can be back”

Rua holds a first round KO win over the former champion back at PRIDE’S - Total Elimination 2005.

Both fighter coming off a loss to the UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin and their past history together, the matchup makes sense for the UFC.

Whether Rampage’s legal issues will prevent him from competing, it is to early to say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anderson Silva Wants “To Fight The Best”, Would Accept Chuck Liddell Fight

Anderson Silva’s manager, Ed Soares, discusses the middleweight champion’s hopes for future mega fights, including a possible bout against former UFC light heavyweight champon Chuck Liddell in December:

“I think he wants to fight those big mega fights because that’s the kind of fight we want to be involved with right now. “I think it’s a combination of seeing what the potential opponent is and also seeing what the UFC wants to do. At the end of the day, this is a business, and they need to sell fights. They need to sell a lot of pay-per-views, and they need to sell tickets. So, we want to be involved with those types of fights.

We’re not looking past Patrick Cote, but I think we’ll take one step at a time and see what happens. But yeah, if a Chuck Liddell fight came up, we’d take it. Whoever the UFC wants to put in front of us, he wants to fight the best, and whoever that may be at the time, that’s who he wants to fight.

If the right fight was to come up for the New Year’s fight, maybe we would take it. Right now it’s really hard to say, we’re pretty much just focused with Anderson on the Oct. 25 fight.”

Rumors of the Silva-Liddell bout emerged last week along with Forrest Griffin vs. Wanderlei Silva for the UFC’s new year’s eve card on December 27th in Las Vegas. With Georges St-Pierre vs. BJ Penn now set for late-January the UFC is looking to book another matchup to fill the void left on the December card and compliment the heavyweight championship bout between current title-holder Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and former champion Frank Mir.

What's going on with Jackson? Is he in jail?

Comment

rampage rules

Comment

I hope it happens.

Comment

Working...
        X