Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz: WBC Prez Explains Current Situation, Ruling Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    I think there are stipulations beyond this. I'm not positive but I think you also have to demonstrate that anything you are taking on the banned list is medically necessary. IE that there were no other reasonable, non-banned alternatives.

In all this people are losing the fact that it's banned for a reason. When the drug was added to the list it was understood that it could hypothetically serve a legitimate medical purpose. But the fact that it's a medicine doesn't mean everyone who takes it is using it for medicinal purposes.

We shouldn't just allow any boxer to take any banned substance just because the substance is a medicine. They should be expected to be forthcoming about the stuff they are on, justify the usage of it, and have the approval/recognition of those that need to know.

If Ortiz is genuinely taking this for high blood pressure and no other reasonable, non-banned alternative would work as well for him, then fine. The fight should continue. Otherwise **** him.
    WELL SAID... This is the only thing that matter. There are different meds out there for HBP. His team know the situation.

WBC knew something was up. This is Ortiz biggest fight of his career, and u miss the press conference. I mean u couldn't drive up to Jacksonville and fly out is there, or even drive to NYC. It make everyone else believe that u was up to something that why Wilder said whst he said at tue press conference

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      I guess only Floyd get retrospective TUE then.

Then again that was with USADA.

No wonder Floyd didn't want to use VADA
      Ortiz didn’t apply for one dummy

Vada wasn’t even around when Floyd started using usada.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post

Retrospective is after the event.

Floyd took the illegal substances then asked if he could take it.

What was Floyd's medical condition again?

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post

And we know VADA catches cheat and USADA lets them go.

They even have destroyed samples, no wonder Marion Jones got away with their cheating

Many American Athletes taking banned substances and passing it off as TUE including the Williams sisters and Simone Biles.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            Does the WBC really care about clean boxing, or just about being able to manipulate the outcomes of fights by controlling which fighters get windows to cycle PEDs, and which don't? Case in point, Aleem vs Khytrov. Khytrov was tested, Aleem was not, so Aleem had the iron chin that night, Khytrov didn't. Then Aleem was tested against his next opponent, and got knocked out with one shot.
            How about the Vargas-Salido situation where Vargas was caught with clenbuterol and the WBC went ahead with the fight? That's the one that I point to where the organization let the fight happen after someone got caught dirty

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Idk why every PED situation the WBC finds itself in needs a ruling. Either guys disclose what they are on or they don't & any story they come up with after shouldn't matter so the "ruling" comes when you pop dirty.
              Precisely. There shouldn't be a need for any ruling whatsoever - there's no judgement required.

There's a rule in place, the rule was broken, so hand out the punishment accordingly.

Every fan who wants a clean sport should be on board with this - asking for judgement is advocating for irregularity and inconsistencies.

Comment

I hope the fight happens, HW division needs this fight right now. If ortiz really did take some blood pressure meds, just give him a fine and stern warning. And continue with the fight and random testing.

Comment

Majority of Cuban boxers are dopers. Cuba has a program very similar system like the Soviet state sponsored doping program in Russia back in the 80's

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
                    How about the Vargas-Salido situation where Vargas was caught with clenbuterol and the WBC went ahead with the fight? That's the one that I point to where the organization let the fight happen after someone got caught dirty
                    WBC does not actually sanction fights like a commission. They only reported the infraction. That fight was allowed to go ahead due to deal between team vargas (GBP), team Salido and Cali. Commission...Cali commission only tests after fight

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      Retrospective is after the event.

Floyd took the illegal substances then asked if he could take it.

What was Floyd's medical condition again?
                      Don’t worry about Floyd little boy this is about cheater Ortiz. Floyd is a black king never question him needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X