Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquaio vs Juan Manuel Marquez 3 Appreciation thread: Did JMM get robbed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought it was clear win for JMM.

I thought he also won all his other fights with Pac. But the 2nd was very close.

Comment

round 5: 10-9 Marquez

scorecard: 149-146 Marquez

dont remember Marquez winning rounds this cleanly.....that left uppercut right hand combo got Manny guessing and is thudding

clear round for Marquez who did very well on defense and slipping the jab and left hand

7 rounds to go
      Last edited by therealpugilist; 02-09-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        I apologize for the copy, wasnt easy to find. But on a positive note we dont have to the insufferably biased arse commentary of Bang Bang Bang Lampley

I wish it had Japanese Commentary...they make snoozefests seem epic...love their passion
        I remember lampley blowing pac over his footwork in that fight. Like spastic, jumpy wasted movement = great footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          I remember lampley blowing pac over his footwork in that fight. Like spastic, jumpy wasted movement = great footwork.
          .....yet he missed every punch, when he was screaming and hooting....he was a str8 up dick rider

but when someone has purposeful footwork...he isnt exciting or running...lampley and merchant can both eat a mandingo dick
          Last edited by therealpugilist; 02-08-2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

it was a close fight. could've gone either way. no robbery.
            floyd-castillo I was more the definition of a robbery than this fight.

why dont the OP do an appreciation thread of this fight next?

Comment

It was no robbery if its a very close fight.

Comment

This fight is the first time I scored any of their series of fights for JMM (Pacquiao was robbed be a judge who couldn't add in the first fight but didn't ***** about it for a decade). In fact, while this fight was being built up as a mismatch and people were talking about welter Pacquiao stopping JMM, I, while on another forum, kept saying that JMM is going to give Pac a lot of problems, more so than ever before and the reason for that is simple:

Pacquiao was slower that 147 than he was at the lighter weights, whereas JMMs timing was still precise and his punches still accurate. Where previously Pacquiao could overwhelm and hurt JMM, he wouldn't be able to.

However, I wasn't so surprised by the judges scorecards, because at times, JMM seemed content with the early good work he was putting in during a lot of the rounds and didn't seem to want to finish strong.

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
                  Marquez feints and footwork were great in this match. Ending exchanging by landing the last shot. he landed the harder shots by far
                  and pac landed the harder shots by far against Floyd. so pac beat Floyd right? or do we have two completely different ways of scoring based on who is fighting...

Comment

Just a masterclass from Marquez in rounds 5-7.

Marquez 1,4,5,6,7,9,10,11
                    Pacquiao 2,3,8,12

It's every bit as enjoyable as before, one of my favorites really, it's also every bit the robbery as well. In all seriousness man, I don't think I'll ever see another uppercut artist as good as Marquez, the range on that shit is crazy. At times Pacquiao didn't know what hit him and who the hell can blame him?

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      Round 1 : 10-9 Marquez

He neutralized the left hand....landed some nice jabs to the face and left hooks to the body...nip and tuck kind of round. both trying to find range and walk the other into mistakes. Manny lands a good left with 20 seconds of less in the round. Not enough to swing the round
                      first round to marquez? come on man. pac clearly won that round and landed the much cleaner punches. how are you going to claim robbery and then mess up on the very first round. the fight could easily be scored for marquez but if you mess up on clear rounds of course you are going to get a comical scorecard.

Comment

Working...
                      X