Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why cant we as Amercicans support our Heavyweight Champ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    You are one funny dude mate but I like you. What you are gonna do once he knocks Joshua out?
    Hahahaha.... Let's assume wilder wins,..... WJ will bounce back cos of his fan base but if AJ wins, wilder goes back to 1.5mil per fight.
    It's as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Just because you THINK Wilder will put this huge whooping on AJ doesn't make it true. That's why they must fight to really know who is best, Wilder is a great puncher but so is AJ. AJ is a better boxer. Wilder is famous for poor sloppy wide swinging lousy boxing. He does have fast hands and a good jag. He had to come from behind to beat slow old Ortiz. Wilder is fighting a guy AJ easily KOed years ago so lets see how they compare against the same guy.
      Well true! We'll just have to see. I personally, believe that AJ is just a bit too slow to get out of the way of Deontay's punches as Tyson Fury did for much of their fight. In addition, I believe that Wilder would get the better of the jabbing contest if he decides to fight off his back foot likewise because he is the naturally taller and longer man.

Comment

Wilder is probably the most entertaining hw fighter in boxing today. Acknowledging that is about the best I can do toward “supporting him”, whatever that means. It doesn’t mean I can’t be honest about him.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          I agree. Anthony Joshua should be very careful of what he is asking for because Deontay Wilder is going to put a whooping on that boy so bad. He would never know what hit him.

"The Bronze Bomber is not the stiff Robotic opponent that Wladimir Klitschko was. He is taller, faster, quicker and more athletic than Dr. Steel Hammer was. Likewise, Wilder is the harder puncher, the better overall boxer and a better jabber too because Joshua doesn't move his head.

Anyway you look at it Wilder is the more versatile of the two. He can either out box Joshua or just simply knock him out. It's his choice.
          he might be better than wlad but thats hardly a great claim, Wlads head to head ability was easily the all time lowest for unified champs.

If Wilder could choose to ko people when he wanted, why has he had to wait for middlers like ortiz to gas first.

Comment

Don't know about "WE" but for "ME"...

This Division is RICH in history when it comes to American Boxing so I need to be convinced MORE before I just believing the hype. I'm not impressed! Not with Wilder or AJ I think they benefit from the ERA before them being "So Boring" to the Casual Fan that they went a Decade or so without carrying about the Heavyweight Division. Now yes you do have guy who who not only have the Power but they both "LOOK THE PART", HOWEVER in the ring I don't see anything "GREAT" or anything I never seen before. Both are very beatable and if they keep stalling to fight each other, one of them or both of them will fall for sure

AJ and Wilder are GOOD...in a SH#T ERA of Heavyweights! However, this ERA can improve quickly if Hrgravic, Ajagba, Ivan Dychko, Tony Yoka, Daniel Dubois, Junior Fa and all those guys continue to improve and live up to their potential then yeah this could turn into a great ERA of Heavyweight Boxing

So for Wilder...Fight AJ and knock him out and that will rally America behind him instantly American Boxing Fans are Fickle though so for some it doesn't matter what he does they will never like him.

Comment

Who gives a **** that he's American, this isn't the Olympics, I don't root for ANY fighters because they are "American"

Comment

Originally posted by OnlytheTruth View Post
                You're right though, he has a high KO % but the STATS are as follows.: -

Deontay Wilder - 95.1% KO's
                Anthony Joshua - 95.5% KO's
                Let's see what AJ has after 40 fights. Don't get me wrong, AJ is a monster. I like him as a fighter. And I've said from day one it's a 50/50 fight who wins.

But I blame Team AJ and mostly hearn for shenanigans when Wilder was trying to make the fight the first go round. All this other "scared" "he don't want the fight" nonsense talk is just noise.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
                  Let's see what AJ has after 40 fights. Don't get me wrong, AJ is a monster. I like him as a fighter. And I've said from day one it's a 50/50 fight who wins.

But I blame Team AJ and mostly hearn for shenanigans when Wilder was trying to make the fight the first go round. All this other "scared" "he don't want the fight" nonsense talk is just noise.
                  I don't think AJ will make it to 40 fights! He has been fighting higher level opponents longer than anyone in the HW division. IMO, if he unifies and becomes Undisputed, he'll ride that wave for a maybe a year, maybe get two more fights and then vacate towards retirement, if not immediately.

But, after watching that right hand that put Breazeale to sleep, WOW, I think more that ever its 50/50.

You cannot deny that Finkel's refusal to actually engage with Eddie Hearn is seriously damaging the potential fight ever taking place. I read a really good post on here that the common denominator in Wilder's career, that has led to a lot of people saying he is a consistent duck, is Finkel. Finkel protected Wilder from Klitschko, that's the biggest catalyst IMO.

But, what can you do? Sit back and watch Joshua needs to get passed Ruiz first...should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                  X