No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence-Kell Brook: Post-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Errol Spence-Kell Brook: Post-Fight Report Card

For the second time in the last couple of months, we have seen a considerable blue chip talent gambled against a veteran their record suggested they might not be ready for. It was a wise gamble when Anthony Joshua toppled Wladimir Klitschko. It was just as wise this past weekend when Errol Spence came on in the second half to break the will of welterweight titlist Kell Brook.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Spence admitted that he wasn't as sharp as he would like to be because of the long layoff. I wonder how much better his defense is with less of a layoff. After a vacation, I hope this guy is back in the ring, making magic happen.

Comment

Brook might want to consider hanging up his gloves before he ends up like Margarito.
      Did Spence screw up the same eye that Golovkin broke the orbital bone on?

Comment

All this talk about Brook's hand speed when what was truely impressive was just how fast he could go to one knee when he got hit.

Comment

Good fight. Is it one that I'd show my casual sports/boxing friends? Probably not...a little too tacticle and nuanced...some action fights coming up though.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
            All this talk about Brook's hand speed when what was truely impressive was just how fast he could go to one knee when he got hit.
            And here we have another hater who has not boxed or had a true fight in his life, talking nonsense like a douche.

You need your vision in order to box. Anybody who thinks that Kell quit due to not having the heart to go on, has an issue with understanding boxing. How Kell was defeated on his own turf could seem deeply disappointing; especially to his own mentality. What makes Kell’s defeat from Errol Jr., even more compelling, would be that we know he has the heart of a champion, but this loss has mirrored a boxing career, full of large obstacles, from the years of trying to get a big, popular bout with his fellow countryman, Amir Khan, to having to give up fighting for the IBF championship belt due to injuries outside of the boxing ring.

The better man won, and congrats to Spence Jr. a great boxer, still, Brook is high up there with the greats and displayed his greatness in boxing in his last fight, taking a knee due to being injured and not able to see, even more when he had the same issue in his previous fight on his other eye, by no means mean he's a quitter, the way he tried to keep fighting even knowing before hand of the injury when it happened does indeed show he has heart, heck some of the Greats have done it, Great boxers such as Roberto Durán and Oscar De La Hoya have quit on the stool in their own corner. (Any true boxing fan can comprehend that Roberto and Oscar put their heart on the line throughout their entire career.) Therefore, quitting may shed a disappointing prism on a boxer, but it does not take away from their championship qualities. I make mention of the differences between quitting and being injured to explain, that there is no dishonor in a boxing saying that they have had enough, just as there is no full explanation on how to handle an injury while in a professional boxing bout; furthermore, there is no shame in a boxer being injured and not continuing to fight. Especially if they had a similar injury, in their previous bout, not only a similar injury, but to a new part of their body.

Stop the hating, love and respect the sport, that was one heck of a fight and both gave their hearts out.

These where taken from another boxing page due to reflected the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by spn1025 View Post
              Brook might want to consider hanging up his gloves before he ends up like Margarito.
              Did Spence screw up the same eye that Golovkin broke the orbital bone on?
              Nah, Spence and GGG broke different orbital bones on Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Frog View Post
                Nah, Spence and GGG broke different orbital bones on Brook.
                Thanks for the clarification.
                With that said, I don't think Brook's face is going to be able to take much more punishment. He better either hang them up or fight pillow-fisters for the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by spn1025 View Post
                  Thanks for the clarification.
                  With that said, I don't think Brook's face is going to be able to take much more punishment. He better either hang them up or fight pillow-fisters for the rest of his career.
                  Yeah, I agree with you. He has stones to take on two of the best around and two of the biggest punchers around, but he was also stabbed in 2014 and all of that has to be taking it's toll.

Comment

Working...
                  X