Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August 1st and Mayweather still hasn't made an official announcement.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read that the hold up was due to cbs/sho trying to secure Floyd's next fight if he happens to fight again and the terms haven't been agreed to yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

interesting

Comment

If it is Berto they are better off announcing it early and letting the public outcry come and go. By announcing it so late it could hurt any value the fight might have. The old adage is that in a 24 hour news cycle a story is at its biggest in the first few days and then it dies off. At this point I would say the odds that Floyd doesn't fight in September get better by the day.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
          This is the longest he's waited. Any ideas why he's taking so long?
          He's probably waiting till cotto and canelo officially announce their fight. Floyd is a b1tch ass ni99a and that's what those type of ppl do.

Comment

Anybody that still thinks he's fighting on Sept 12 is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
              He's probably waiting till cotto and canelo officially announce their fight. Floyd is a b1tch ass ni99a and that's what those type of ppl do.
              You sure are in here posting quite a bit for someone who "doesn't care".

Comment

Floyd Who??? I don't know any FIGHTER!! named Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by nveleven View Post
                  Keeping Cotto/Canelo off the Sept 12th date? Use your brain, man. You think a Mexico/PR fight of that magnitude would only use 5 weeks of promotion?

I don't know why you morons don't realize that he doesn't make the fights official until the last minute...bc he can. To the basest of posters on here, here's how it works:
                  Fact: Mayweather is aware that every fighter wants to fight him
                  Fact: His boxing skills are best in show, but he's certainly not feared by anyone bc he's not a big puncher
                  Conclusion: Any fighter will take whatever they can get to get that big payday. Even if it means waiting until the last month. In the meantime, they're stressed out in training wondering if the fight is really going to happen. Mayweather has the edge in every possible way.
                  He'll fight Berto and sell it as his farewell fight. It will sell 750,000 PPV. TMT & nuthugger will claim 1.2 Million.
                  He'll retire until realizing he doesn't have any marketable talents outside of boxing. At which point, he'll come back and rematch Pac & Cotto before he turns 40, and then he'll retire for the third and final time.

This isn't rocket surgery, fellas
                  It's cool to have an opinion bro, but not so a-okay to pass it off as reality and call people morons while self-aggrandizing and acting like a know-it-all (concurrently not knowing more than anyone else).
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 08-02-2015, 12:15 AM.

Comment

He's going to give Berto a week training camp. Should be enough time.

Comment

I've convinced myself it will be Amir Khan and Khan has known it for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                      X