No announcement yet.

Why do trainers, boxers past and present, promoters, managers, etc. praise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mud View Post
    But to be fair you have to add catch weights, fighters moving up or down in weight and who beat who first. These things do make a difference.
    Cotto weighed less than 147 for 5 of his 9 welterweight bouts up to that point. He ranged from 145 to 146.5. Those two pounds made absolutely no difference.

DLH fought Forbes before Manny at 150. His fault.
    Hatton, was at his natural 140 when Manny wrecked him. Floyd made Hatton go up to 147 where he looked like **** and by the estimation of many, lost to Collazo.
    Marquez, Manny fought him three times at JMMs best weights.
    Mosley, **** fights for both guys

To be fair, all things have been taken into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
      Cotto weighed less than 147 for 5 of his 9 welterweight bouts up to that point. He ranged from 145 to 146.5. Those two pounds made absolutely no difference.

DLH fought Forbes before Manny at 150. His fault.
      Hatton, was at his natural 140 when Manny wrecked him. Floyd made Hatton go up to 147 where he looked like **** and by the estimation of many, lost to Collazo.
      Marquez, Manny fought him three times at JMMs best weights.
      Mosley, **** fights for both guys

To be fair, all things have been taken into consideration.
      Why did Pac have Cotto at a catch weight then?
      What has Oscar fighting Forbes have to do with anything?
      Hatton was getting rocked by Lazcano after Floyd, so i believe Floyd stoppage did effect Hatton.
      What about Floyd beating Oscar at 154?
      Pac did fight JMM at a catch weight. And IMO JMM beat him 4 times.

Comment

Where the heck does the saying Manny had to many catchweight fights. Looking at his resume he's only had three since 2008. One versus Cotto, who like many said was already coming at the ring at that weight and nevermind, his body looked in excellent condition. He fought Margarito at 150, but Margarito fought his whole career at welterweight so I can hadly see how this is a problem. And then Marquez, and that catch weight fight was to benefit Marquez not Manny.

So why are people pretending Manny's whole welterweight career consists of catchweight fights, when in reality they don't.

Comment

My point was, i dont believe Pac is above criticism. That is all. IMO if you are fighting for another mans title, it shouldnt be at a catch weight.

I give Pac full credit for what he has achieved.

Comment

Working...
          X