Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it disgraceful for a mandatory to backout of a title shot because of a hotel room?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
    Because you're acting like K2 is the only outfit to do these things.

Boxers never used to publicly air these kind of gripes, but things have changed.
    And your immediate defense is babbling on and on about Haye, who has nothing to do with the conversation. I don't give a rats ass about David Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
      Let's say you were getting a mandatory shot against the #1 HW in the world for a chance to get 3 titles off him and you were getting paid $2.5 million, 10 times more money than you have ever seen in your past fights. There are no rematch clauses and your promotional team lost the bid because they bid half of the Champ's bid, so in the end it actually worked out well for you because now your share of the purse is twice as much. According to the mandatory rules, the champ gets to dictate small details about the contract, and he tells you that you must stay in such and such hotel, but he was paying for the hotel stay for you and your whole team. Would you ditch the shot at 3 belts and $2.5 million because you didn't like the hotel you were staying in?
      the hotel room was probably just an excuse, but wlad shouldn't be a cheap ass like team khan.

Comment

You don't know **** apparently. So Povetkin was sitting on a mandatory shot for 2+ years, gets a $2.5 million purse and a chance at 3 belts, and he turns it down because he didn't like his hotel room? Oh and don't forget that intially his trainer came out and said "Povetkin is not ready", so if you are going to believe Povetkin now, then you must have **** for brains.
        You have the attention span of a fucking donkey.

Comment

You don't know **** apparently. So Povetkin was sitting on a mandatory shot for 2+ years, gets a $2.5 million purse and a chance at 3 belts, and he turns it down because he didn't like his hotel room? Oh and don't forget that intially his trainer came out and said "Povetkin is not ready", so if you are going to believe Povetkin now, then you must have **** for brains.
          The latest revision from Atlas is that Kalle Sauerland was going to rip off Povetkin, so that's why they turned it down.

But now Povetkin is blaming the no-show on K2's contracts.

I guess Kalle told him to start towing the company line.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
            And your immediate defense is babbling on and on about Haye, who has nothing to do with the conversation. I don't give a rats ass about David Haye.
            Settle down. Haye was just the first and best example that came to mind of a boxer other than a Klitschko screwing with the opposition, if that's how you see it.

I'm sure there are other examples, but that is a good one as Barrett had a lot to say about it publicly, and Monte is one of the nicest guys in the sport, so he doesn't complain for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              the hotel room was probably just an excuse, but wlad shouldn't be a cheap ass like team khan.
              How is Wlad a cheap @ss when they bid twice as much as Saureland did for the fight? If Saureland won, Povetkin would have gotten paid $1.25 million, because of Wlad's bid, Povetkin was due $2.5 million. Doesn't seem like a cheap ass to me when Povetkin's own promoter was outbid 2 to 1 by K2, a move that benefited Povetkin more than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
                Settle down. Haye was just the first and best example that came to mind of a boxer other than a Klitschko screwing with the opposition, if that's how you see it.

I'm sure there are other examples, but that is a good one as Barrett had a lot to say about it publicly, and Monte is one of the nicest guys in the sport, so he doesn't complain for no reason.
                Then I would argue in his defense, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
                  You have the attention span of a fucking donkey.
                  Coming from a guy that doesn't even know how a mandatory purse bid process works in boxing....

Your dumb@ss believes Povetkin but you can't even remember what Povetkin's trainer said last year and you are talking about attention spans?

You are too stupid to argue with.

Comment

Coming from a guy that doesn't even know how a mandatory purse bid process works in boxing....

Your dumb@ss believes Povetkin but you can't even remember what Povetkin's trainer said last year and you are talking about attention spans?

You are too stupid to argue with.
                    I understand it perfectly. You're just a moron, and are completely missing the point.

Comment

Well the word is that Haye and Potvekin are going to be facing eachother, and as one other poster put it, the winner of that fight will have a bigger win than anyone either Klit bro has ever faced and beaten.

Comment

Working...
                      X