Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Kessler chasing the big, competetive fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't Kessler chasing the big, competetive fights?

Since the Calzaghe loss I haven't been too impressed with Kessler. He fought a great fight and lost a close decision to the greatest super middleweight of all time but now his last two fights have been against C level fighters and he shows no signs of wanting to step it up. Anyone know what's going on with him? I heard he is fighting some random South American ranked like.. 14th by the WBA with a 17-2 record.

Kessler could be a big name at super middleweight but he doesn't seem interested in unifying or chasing the #1 spot. What's the deal? Is he just a guy who's ego took a huge battering from Calzaghe and he is not willing to risk getting himself into that situation again? Super middleweight is a packed division, there's alot of great fights out there for Kessler. I don't understand what he's waiting for.

Originally posted by White Briton View Post
    Since the Calzaghe loss I haven't been too impressed with Kessler. He fought a great fight and lost a close decision to the greatest super middleweight of all time but now his last two fights have been against C level fighters and he shows no signs of wanting to step it up. Anyone know what's going on with him? I heard he is fighting some random South American ranked like.. 14th by the WBA with a 17-2 record.

Kessler could be a big name at super middleweight but he doesn't seem interested in unifying or chasing the #1 spot. What's the deal? Is he just a guy who's ego took a huge battering from Calzaghe and he is not willing to risk getting himself into that situation again? Super middleweight is a packed division, there's alot of great fights out there for Kessler. I don't understand what he's waiting for.
    unfortunately Joe C ruined Kessler much like he did Lacy. Mentally i mean

Comment

Because he is trapped in a contract, and his promother doesn't want to risk his money horse.

Comment

I thought Kessler was the next big thing. He seems to have just disapeared. He said he wants to be known in America so he needs to do somethin about it!

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
          Because he is trapped in a contract, and his promother doesn't want to risk his money horse.
          Ahh I see. You mean like the German version of Frank Warren? That's a real shame, Kessler looked to be a top notch fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by White Briton View Post
            Ahh I see. You mean like the German version of Frank Warren? That's a real shame, Kessler looked to be a top notch fighter.
            Exactly........

Comment

The promoters name is Franken Warrnsnitlz.

Comment

Kessler has great skills id love to see him beat up on Bute. i hate to think what he would do with Froch, scary thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Breadbin View Post
                  Kessler has great skills id love to see him beat up on Bute. i hate to think what he would do with Froch, scary thought.
                  Froch would beat the **** out of Kessler.

Kessler doesn't like getting hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Juice View Post
                    Froch would beat the **** out of Kessler.

Kessler doesn't like getting hit.
                    Kessler would Andrade Froch.

Comment

Working...
                    X