This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hurricane72 View Post
    Personally I think it's probably more exciting supporting a team that will go up and down the divisions than a premiership team that is consistantly stuck mid table.
    very true... my best mates all support west brom and for the past 5 seasons they've been on tenter hooks towards the end of their campaigns regardless of their division.... i've had to sit there whilst villa get a comfortable 12/13th place and our season fizzles out. boring

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane72 View Post
      Personally I think it's probably more exciting supporting a team that will go up and down the divisions than a premiership team that is consistantly stuck mid table.
      It's more exciting supporting Newcastle than any other team! I used to be a villa fan when I lived in Bromsgrove, but then I chose to support Newcastle instead.

Comment

Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
        All that money Sunderland spent and they are still battling to stay up.
        Perfect Newcastle post mate.

Of course, whats funnier is that you've spent all that kind of money EVERY season for about 10 years now (as opposed to us FINALLY spending decent money)...and how much better off are you? A couple of points that could well be overhauled this weekend. You must be so proud.

Originally posted by Jolly Roger View Post
        Why do you think 1 random person can talk for the thousands of Newcastle fans out there?
        Because I speak to hundreds of Newcastle fans in my profession. So unless you want to start another cyclical argument of "From my experience Newcastle fans are deluded..." "...Well from my experience they arent", leave it out. Of course, I like that you completely over-ruled a North East poll I mentioned, taking in the opinions of thousands of season ticket holders. Tell you what, you go on a couple of Newcastle forums, check back to the start of the season with Big Sam bringing in the glory days, brand new owner, loads of money spent and you see where the majority of them said that they EXPECTED to finish up. I'd wager massively that its closer to 1st place than it is to their current position.

It's more exciting supporting Newcastle than any other team! I used to be a villa fan when I lived in Bromsgrove, but then I chose to support Newcastle instead.
        Aye? Wonder when that was. Probably during the first Keegan era when it looked like you would see some glory days. Joke fan.

Comment

I became a fan in 1992-93 when Villa finished 2nd and Newcastle were still in First Division.

Newcastle spent about £20M in the summer, Sunderland spent over £30. Spending £9M on a **** keeper was a bit over the top if you ask me.

Comment

25 year old keeper who is still rated by almost everyone in the game as having one of the brightest futures around.

£20m this summer. How much last summer? How much the summer before? And the summer before? If you want to compare spending mate, the only clubs you can talk to is Chelsea and Man United. We're not even in the top 20 over the last decade or so. Not to mention the fact that I consider your figures to be rather dubious. Nor to mention that much of our '£30m' was spent on young players like Jones, Gordon, Richardson. Look who you lot blow the big bucks on, Michael Owen (has he scored double figures for you yet? Has he PLAYED double figures for you yet?), Viduka, Smith, Barton.

Joke club.

Comment

25 yo keeper who let in 7 goals against Everton.

Newcastle sold players don't forget, Parker was sold for £7M, Dyer and Solano both sold to as well.

Also we brought in young players, with huge potential.

22 yo Jose Enrique for 6M and this January; Ben Tozer (17), Wesley Ngo Baheng (18) Tamas Kadar (17) Fabio Zamblera (17)

Fabio Zamblera is a 6'3 striker, a definite star for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by .Mik. View Post
                Because I speak to hundreds of Newcastle fans in my profession. So unless you want to start another cyclical argument of "From my experience Newcastle fans are deluded..." "...Well from my experience they arent", leave it out. Of course, I like that you completely over-ruled a North East poll I mentioned, taking in the opinions of thousands of season ticket holders. Tell you what, you go on a couple of Newcastle forums, check back to the start of the season with Big Sam bringing in the glory days, brand new owner, loads of money spent and you see where the majority of them said that they EXPECTED to finish up. I'd wager massively that its closer to 1st place than it is to their current position.
                I post on nufc-online, the biggest nufc forum. The polls at the start of the season were generally predicting between 6th and 9th, and that was with pre-season optimism that all fans have. Most were saying they would be happy with a top half finish this year. Now ofcourse this hasn't happened, the season has been a disaster, but wanting a top half finish is not unreasonable.

Comment

25 yo keeper who let in 7 goals against Everton.

Newcastle sold players don't forget, Parker was sold for £7M, Dyer and Solano both sold to as well.

Also we brought in young players, with huge potential.

22 yo Jose Enrique for 6M and this January; Ben Tozer (17), Wesley Ngo Baheng (18) Tamas Kadar (17) Fabio Zamblera (17)

Fabio Zamblera is a 6'3 striker, a definite star for the future.
                  I'll have you know that we let in seven goals against Everton because our defence is ****, OK! Gorden's quality.

And giving Newcastle's history for spending millions on donkeys year in year out means you cant say **** all about our signings, this is the first time we've have spent big, remember that before you feel the right to take the piss.

How's Michael getting on, scoring the goals is he?

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                    Chopra? You tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                      I'll have you know that we let in seven goals against Everton because our defence is ****, OK! Gorden's quality.

And giving Newcastle's history for spending millions on donkeys year in year out means you cant say **** all about our signings, this is the first time we've have spent big, remember that before you feel the right to take the piss.

Owen is doing good, how is that reject Chopra doing? is he banging in those goals for you?

Comment

Working...
                      X