Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      That would be true if he were actually consistent and wasn't so bias.
      Since when did having tune ups become prohibited in pro boxing. Check out records of past greats, they always has fill up fights against journeymen or that type in between their important fights. The problem is if you JUST fight tune ups and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by migaledut View Post
        Since when did having tune ups become prohibited in pro boxing. Check out records of past greats, they always has fill up fights against journeymen or that type in between their important fights. The problem is if you JUST fight tune ups and that's it.

Why are you quoting me? Go read my post again.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Another one

That's disgusting. I hope some pro boxers put hands on these two chumps one day. Would be funny if tiny Rigo laid Fat Dan out. Lol

Comment

I definitely agree.

I'm constantly amazed at how little the boxing media thinks of boxing (Fat Dan, Steve Kim, Lampley, etc). Too many people with a boxing media job is looking at boxing as a half empty glass outlook. Now granted there is a ton of **** to be unhappy with with the current structure of boxing. I'm under no delusions, but I still enjoy the fights either from a competitive standpoint or just from the career trajectory standpoint since we do see so few competitive matchups.

If I was producing a boxing show I'd be *****slaping these guys ****ting on fights all the time. I'd make cats watch Joe Rogan fight calls with him getting all excited about the 1st fight on a 13 fight card like that mfer in Clockwork Orange with his eyes forced open til they were happy to watch some f#cking boxing.

Comment

Another one

Damn. Thats low class even for Steve Kim.

Comment

Do writers in other sports **** on their athletes/teams as much as Dan Rafael?

Sounds like Rafael tries to sound as vicious as possible.

Comment

people dont seem to know the difference between a "journalist/reporter" and an "analyst". Rafael is an analyst, and it seems ESPN likes his opinions enough to pay him for them. He is not a reporter or a journalist.

Complaining about it is the same as watching Rachel Maddow or Sean Hannity and complaining that they are biased. Of course they are, they are analysts, NOT reporters.......

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                    Do writers in other sports **** on their athletes/teams as much as Dan Rafael?
                    I don't really see it although I'm admittedly a cat who only likes combat sports & think football, basketball & baseball & that sorta **** is goofy & boring.

That said I do listen to some Bill Simmons, Chris Mannix & mainstream sports guys who happen to cover some boxing too sometimes & I to tend to not hear them dogging other sports in quite the same way they dog boxing. There is a lot wrong with boxing in particular in comparison to how other sports work so I guess that makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is boxing guys complaining about boxing so much that its likely to have a negative impact on anyone who's not sold on boxing who just so happens to be watching the event or reading about an event some boxing guy is ****ting on. Its a kinda ironic situation to me that boxing people are likely impacting their own long term income in this sport by making boxing as unappealing as they can or I guess just not hyping the good stuff cuz there obviously is problems with boxing that none of us, media or otherwise, are happy with.

Comment

Another one

Pathetic....

Comment

Working...
                      X