Collapse
No announcement yet.

100 Dead Wrestlers and Cause of Their Death

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can’t believe Ric Flair is still alive. He’s a 69 year old wrestler,that’s like being 300 years old in regular people years

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      I just watched the trailer...looks interesting. I'm going to look for the doc and watch it. "The Skeik's" documentary was also very good.
      Are these documentaries on DVD? If so, what are their titles, as Jake and Iron Sheik are two of my favorites. I remember a Jake the Snake one called Pick Your Poison, is that the Jake one or is there one more recent?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Are these documentaries on DVD? If so, what are their titles, as Jake and Iron Sheik are two of my favorites. I remember a Jake the Snake one called Pick Your Poison, is that the Jake one or is there one more recent?
        There's a newer Jake the Snake documentary on Netflix that came out a year or two ago. Scott Hall is also in it. DDP helps both of them sober up and gets them to do DDP yoga. It's actually really good and a lot better than I'm describing it.

I also saw the Iron Sheik one on Netflix, but I don't think it's still up there. It's also really good.

Comment

It's mostly steroids. These guys are big but their hearts are not proportionally big so they get overworked.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            There's a newer Jake the Snake documentary on Netflix that came out a year or two ago. Scott Hall is also in it. DDP helps both of them sober up and gets them to do DDP yoga. It's actually really good and a lot better than I'm describing it.

I also saw the Iron Sheik one on Netflix, but I don't think it's still up there. It's also really good.
            Do you know the titles of those docs? Sounds cool, I just watched the Scott Hall one on WWE Network over the weekend.

Comment

Do you know the titles of those docs? Sounds cool, I just watched the Scott Hall one on WWE Network over the weekend.
              Yeah, The Resurrection of Jake the Snake, and The Sheik. Both were awesome to watch.

I'm gonna check out the Andre the Giant documentary soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                I can’t believe Ric Flair is still alive. He’s a 69 year old wrestler,that’s like being 300 years old in regular people years
                Same here. Plus he drank very heavy and did hard drugs. Let's just be happy he never used the devil's cabbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  Yeah, The Resurrection of Jake the Snake, and The Sheik. Both were awesome to watch.

I'm gonna check out the Andre the Giant documentary soon.
                  Cool thanks, wrote down the titles. Looks like there's good ones on Warrior and Macho Man on DVD now too.

I really liked the Andre one, just watched it. It's more about his overall life than a linear biography. Too bad he didn't accept the treatments for his gigantism, as he could've lived longer. Andre was probably the only wrestler who drank more than Ric Flair haha. Flair makes a couple of appearances in the doc. Seems Andre hated other big guys, like Bundy and Studd and would try to hurt them or work a little stiff. I heard a story on a Bruce Prichard podcast where he said that when Studd came back in 1989 as a face to eventually work a program with Andre and, after working some matches, Studd opted to just leave the company rather than continue to take the abuse in the ring. There's also a famous story about Bad News Brown getting angry with him over some racial jokes or something where Andre declined Brown's invitation to step outside of the bus. I love the famous pic of his hand holding a beer can. Makes it look miniature.

Comment

I think steroids and drugs took a toll.. few wrestlers I liked died of cardiac arrest..

Comment

Think the newer jake the snake one is called - The resurrection of Jake the snake.

The iron sheik one is called - The Sheik.

Edit- Ha took too long on the page getting side tracked, didn't realize it had already been answered.

Comment

Working...
                      X