No announcement yet.

Most wins vs. former or current world titlists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most wins vs. former or current world titlists

Does anyone have more than Floyd Mayweather with 24?

Has a record of 24-0 (7 KO) against former or current world titlists:

Inb4 "none of them were at their peak/best/prime doe"

Comment

No one has more than Floyd to my knowledge

Comment

Perhaps future champions rather than past champions would be a greater accomplishment. I always felt beating fighters early or in the middle(prime) of their career has more value than beating fighters at the end of their career.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Does anyone have more than Floyd Mayweather with 24?
          I'm not 100% sure, how to understand your question.

Do you basically want to know, who scored the most wins against world champions - by which we normally mean boxers who, at one time or another, held a world title...

... or do you only want to count former and reigning champions - and not those who had not yet won a title?

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
            I'm not 100% sure, how to understand your question.

Do you basically want to know, who scored the most wins against world champions - by which we normally mean boxers who, at one time or another, held a world title...

... or do you only want to count former and reigning champions - and not those who had not yet won a title?
            Boxers who held a title at any point in their career. Whether before, during, or after they fought Mayweather.

Comment

I can't imagine anyone has Floyd beat currently, but I'm sure with all the titles that keep popping up someone will. Not sure who Floyd beat for this "record" or stat or whatever, but I'm sure Floyd benefited off of all the titles that come into play just a few years before he turned pro. Believe '88 was when the WBO came into play for 4 belts & Floyd turned pro in late '96. And sh^t whoever held the "record" for this previous to the guy previous to Floyd probably benefited off of the increase in the number of weight divisions lol.

That being the case this is one of the least exciting records or stats or whatever, although what is impressive is that Floyd is the guy & whoever held this record before Floyd was the guy back then & whoever before that guy on down the line cuz it says Floyd & the other guys who among the most strongly resumed guys of their respective eras.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                Boxers who held a title at any point in their career. Whether before, during, or after they fought Mayweather.
                Right - then Greb holds the record with 26 wins.

Comment

Meaningless trinket count.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
                    Right - then Greb holds the record with 26 wins.
                    How many guys did Greb fight doe like 4 guys for those 26 wins lol. I guess there could be more competition from the old timers in this sorta stat doe since they did fight each other a sh^tload of times. So for wins like OP is asking about might be Greb or some other old timer, but for most title holders defeated Floyd is for sure the guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X