Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I support Trump on this decision. People are saying this is a win for Russia. Ain't no winners in Syria

President Trump has instructed military leaders to prepare to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, but has not set a date for them to do so, according to a senior administration official.

In a meeting with top national security officials Tuesday, Trump stressed that U.S. troops can be involved in current training tasks for local forces to ensure security in areas liberated from the Islamic State, the official said.

But the president said that the U.S. mission would not extend beyond the destruction of the Islamic State, and that he expects other countries, particularly wealthy Arab states in the region, to pick up the task of paying for reconstruction of stabilized areas, including sending their own troops, if necessary.

Trump on Tuesday had repeated his desire to quickly “get out” of Syria, even as his top commander for the Middle East outlined the need for an ongoing military presence there.

The United States, he said, had gotten “nothing out of $7 trillion [spent] in the Middle East over the last 17 years,” a calculation that apparently included the Afghanistan war against the Taliban in South Asia, where he last year approved a U.S. troop increase.

“So, it’s time. It’s time. We were very successful against ISIS,” Trump said, using an acronym for the Islamic State. “But sometimes it’s time to come back home, and we’re thinking about that very seriously, okay?”

Trump has used the $7 trillion figure many times, including during his campaign, although numerous experts put the figure at about half that, beginning in Afghanistan in 2001 and continuing through U.S. military operations in Pakistan, Iraq and Syria. The figure also would include substantial costs tied to veterans’ care and disability benefits, and war-related domestic and diplomatic security measures.

Many military officials were taken aback by Trump’s stated intent, first mentioned last week, to withdraw from Syria. In a speech ostensibly devoted to his domestic infrastructure plans, Trump told a rally in Ohio on Thursday that U.S. forces would “be coming out of Syria, like, very soon.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/trump-instructs-military-to-begin-planning-for-withdrawal-from-syria/2018/04/04/1039f420-3811-11e8-8fd2-49fe3c675a89_story.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      That damn smirk on her face... "peeleft:
      Where'd your sig go?

I liked it and thought it was funny.

Was it a young Eddie Murphy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        I support Trump on this decision.
        He's getting our troops back home and saving all this war money being spent. What's not to like.

That, the growing economy, and the tax cuts, man soon you'll be on the Trump Train!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Where'd your sig go?

I liked it and thought it was funny.

Was it a young Eddie Murphy?
          I don’t know if it’s a young Eddie Murphy, but I like the meme. I want to put a Canelo sig related with all the comedy going on regarding the GGG rematch...

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            You'll love this one then! Enjoy.....

i am not gonna lie...

it was pure joy watching that go down live....

I woke up everyone in my house like I TOLD YA SO!!!

ive been telling them hillary is a crook and clinton campaigns are crooks and america isnt that dumb to hire her...

and now she's using the woman card as an excuse that she lost just LOFL

Comment

I support Trump on this decision. People are saying this is a win for Russia. Ain't no winners in Syria

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...a89_story.html
              dude I wish you sometime was just wasnt blind by loyalty to a party.....

theyve been playing voters for almost 200 years

trump comes in.... does what he wants.... says what hes gonna do.... no political nonsense..... no political correctness (which imo is a HUGE problem)

you dont have to look the part to be the part

think about it like this.....

he pisses of BOTH dems and repubs.....

that means imo he must be doing something right

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                dude I wish you sometime was just wasnt blind by loyalty to a party.....

theyve been playing voters for almost 200 years

trump comes in.... does what he wants.... says what hes gonna do.... no political nonsense..... no political correctness (which imo is a HUGE problem)

you dont have to look the part to be the part

think about it like this.....

he pisses of BOTH dems and repubs.....

that means imo he must be doing something right
                What party am I loyal to?

Comment

What party am I loyal to?
                  you've been backing mostly all democrats from the get

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    you've been backing mostly all democrats from the get
                    Name one Democrat i backed. You want me to bump the anti Hillary threads I made during the election?

When i lived in Michigan I voted for Rick Snyder. I live I. Ohio now and I'll be voting for Kaisch

Comment

Name one Democrat i backed. You want me to bump the anti Hillary threads I made during the election?
                      bump them

Comment

Working...
                      X