Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbiased posters weigh in on how ggg can win a third fight if it materialises.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    Yup. That right uppercut was a thing of beauty.

GGG busted him up ib the second half. Canelo got sloppy.
    He could easily turn that shot into an uppercut to the solar plexus.

If he did that, canelo would be questions where the target was going to be each time he went to GGG's body, and he could still work behind the jab like he was in that.

The very least, it would discourage Canelo's body attack, as he would need to be cautious of it coming to the body or the head.

Comment

Simply put, GGG has to stop being a Christmas tree. You can't get lit up if you aren't a tree to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        Hes old. Cotto use to be one of the most prolific body punchers in boxing, he stopped going to the body as he aged.

GGG use to be one of the most prolific body punchers in boxing, hes stopped going down stairs more and more as he has aged, and relied on his jab more and more.

If he can still do it, Id like to see it in a rematch. GGG breaks ribs.

I think Canelo is sharp enough at countering that GGG would really have to decide that he is willing to take the counter to get to the body, which may or maynot turn out very well.

What Id really love to see him have is a nice jab to the body, and take that uppercut he was having success with and mix it in upstairs and down stairs when canelo throws to the body.

via Gfycat

via Gfycat

via Gfycat

that 4th round clip of golovkin peppering canelo with jabs , hooks and uppercuts is beautiful to watch....**** golovkin won this fight for sure

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
          that 4th round clip of golovkin peppering canelo with jabs , hooks and uppercuts is beautiful to watch....**** golovkin won this fight for sure
          Its really illustrative of how effective his jab was all night. Especially the look in Canelo's eyes after eating a few of them, you can tell they were bothering him and much harder than he is use to getting jabbed.

Comment

Canelo is just entering his prime while GGG is 36. Canelo's team drilled it into Canelo's head that he was younger, faster and fresher.

I dont see how a 36 year old GGG beats a prime Canelo. Plain and simple. GGG fought as best as he could to keep Canelo off him last night.

He is not going to magically get faster and stronger at 36.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablos15 View Post
              Im curious can golovkin change or do anything better in a third fight? I think a more measured approach would help. He burned a hell of a lot of energy in missed punches.

Why oh why wont he throw caution to the wind and throw more punches at canelos body. He's not worried about counters he was getting hit with heavy shots headhunting so that doesnt make sense.

Golovkin cant win on cards in vegas money talks and nelo has more money Making appeal long term then a on his way out ggg.

I appreciate both fighters its a fuked up situation really ggg won the first fight closely. But canelo learned more from the first fight and made many changes which I give credit for but although the 2nd fight was closer I still had g winning by a round.
              I was also wondering why he didn't go to the body. Like you said he was getting countered anyway. The only thing I can come up with is he stubborn and figured he could knock Canelo out with head shots and wanted to prove it. Poor decision on his part. This is two fights in a row where he didn't attack the body.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                Its really illustrative of how effective his jab was all night. Especially the look in Canelo's eyes after eating a few of them, you can tell they were bothering him and much harder than he is use to getting jabbed.
                Yeah and to some so called boxing experts the jab doesn't count. They don't get it that there are levels in boxing.

Comment

Pressure more and make it ugly. Make it an inside/close range type of fight.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                    Lets see what we learned from the first 2 fights.

1st fight proved GGG Cant out box Canelo.

2nd fight proved GGG Cant out War Canelo.

= No way GGG can defeat the far Superior Canelo.

Reason I dont want to see the 3rd fight is cause GGG will either Andrew Golota Canelo and try to low blow him to death or he will bust a Kermit Cintron and jump out the ring to save face same way Cintron did vs Paul Williams.
                    Man if you don't stop with this BS, Canelo got whooped both times.

Ryan O'Hara (FightNights.com): 115-113 Golovkin
                    Mike Baca II (The Ring Magazine): 115-113 Golovkin
                    Adam Abramowitz (Saturday Night Boxing: 115-113 Golovkin
                    Eduardo Lamazón (TV Azteca): 116-112 Golovkin
                    Gareth A. Davies (The Telegraph): 116-112 Golovkin
                    Josh Peter (USA Today): 115-113 Golovkin
                    Dylan Hernandez (LA Times): 115-113 Golovkin
                    Chris Mannix (Yahoo! Sports): 115-113 Golovkin
                    Joe DePaolo (Washington Post): 115-113 Golovkin
                    Tom Craze (Bad Left Hook): 116-112 Golovkin
                    Fraser Coffeen (Bloody Elbow): 115-113 Golovkin
                    Anton Tabuena (Bloody Elbow): 115-113 Golovkin
                    Adam Caparell (Complex Sports): 116-112 Golovkin
                    Steven Muehihausen (Sporting News): 116-112 Golovkin
                    Michael Montero (MonteroOnBoxing): 115-113 Golovkin
                    Matt Christie (Boxing News): 115-114 Golovkin
                    Stephen A. Smith (ESPN): 115-113 Golovkin
                    Brian Campbell (CBS Sports): 116-112 Golovkin
                    Barry Jones (BT Sport): 116-112 Golovkin
                    Harold Lederman (HBO): 116-112 Golovkin
                    Michael Benson (talkSPORT): 116-112 Golovkin
                    Michelle Phelps (Behind The Gloves): 115-113 Golovkin
                    Mike Costello (BBC Sport): 115-113 Golovkin
                    Arne Lang (The Sweet Science) 117-111 Canelo
                    The Guardian: 116-112 Golovkin
                    Dan Rafael (ESPN): 114-114
                    Arash Markazi (ESPN): 114-114
                    Brett Okamoto (ESPN): 114-114
                    Salvador Rodriguez (ESPN Mexico): 114-114
                    Lance Pugmire (LA Times): 114-114
                    Kevin Iole (Yahoo! Sports): 114-114
                    Mike Coppinger (The Ring Magazine): 114-114
                    Douglass Fischer (The Ring Magazine): 114-114
                    Bill Simmons (HBO & The Ringer): 114-114
                    George Willis (New York Post): 114-114
                    Brian Mazique (Forbes): 114-114
                    Marc Livitz (SecondsOut.com): 114-114
                    Steve Bunce (BT Sport): 114-114
                    Sports Ilustrated: 114-114
                    Boxingscene: 114-114
                    Profiboxing.cz: 114-114

Comment

He's my favorite fighter since Kessler, they both have similar character virtues...or should I say flaws in this line of work. Saul gets a lot of respect for how he came out this fight, rightly so but there were a few moments (in both fights actually) that Golovkin could have roughed him up some, however Gennady would always step back & reset. He constantly gives respect in the ring by acknowledging opponents blows as well or their skill in maneuvers. He needs to get fk'n mean. Mad dog him. Not dirty, just more physical.

To be honest, I feel it's about guts & getting your hands dirty. I used to think GGG was an absolute killer, but he's too much of a gentleman, similar to how Wlad was. He needs to become more Vitali if he hopes to get a decision against Canelo. This is not to say that he's soft by any stretch, simply too respectful. For what? The cheater's a good boxer but he's gotten all the advantages that you've been denied. He needs a chip & perhaps this loss finally makes him realize it. Working smarter, not necessarily harder.

Wasn't sure if any of the talk he has done over the past 6 months would translate into the ring or not, it didn't...he needs to change that. He had plenty of fuel to be enraged but he still showed way too much respect. Work the body, get more physical, use your strength & size as an advantage, then rub his face in it. When you're opponent is tired you need to lean on him, not give him more space! I think he outboxed Canelo this bout but that's not going to always work, you need to know when to work all your advantages, he's not doing so.

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      Lets see what we learned from the first 2 fights.

1st fight proved GGG Cant out box Canelo.

2nd fight proved GGG Cant out War Canelo.

= No way GGG can defeat the far Superior Canelo.

Reason I dont want to see the 3rd fight is cause GGG will either Andrew Golota Canelo and try to low blow him to death or he will bust a Kermit Cintron and jump out the ring to save face same way Cintron did vs Paul Williams.
                      Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post
                      Golovkin would get straight stopped if they fought again...Alvarez is his Owner...physically, and most importantly, mentally now.
                      Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                      Simply put, GGG has to stop being a Christmas tree. You can't get lit up if you aren't a tree to begin with
                      Could swear the TS asked for unbiased opinions yet you three knuckleheads offer nothing to a conversation & think people gave a crap what you even have to say? Low hanging fruit? At least bring some valid points if you don't like a guy, really raising that bar here!

Comment

Working...
                      X