This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Liverpool continually improve. Amazing really.

Didn’t just go out and spend 1bn either.

Tactfully putting together a strong squad, better win something though or it is all for nothing.
    Just spent the half billion mate.

Comment

• I was gonna say. Liverpool have spent fortunes.

What they have done is highlight targets and just pay whatever to get them. That's what you have to do if you want to challenge properly.

United and Chelsea have been guilty of working down their list of targets. At least Chelsea this year bought Jorginho. First top line pick since Kante.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Liverpool continually improve. Amazing really.

Didn’t just go out and spend 1bn either.

Tactfully putting together a strong squad, better win something though or it is all for nothing.
        I think Liverpool have a done a great job in the last 2 years.

Their net spend is something like £120ish million iirc.

They've bought VVD, Allison, Salah, Keita, Fabinho, Shaquiri, Ox and Robertson for that much and lost Coutinho, Leiva, Can most notably. Coutinho was outstanding but they got 120mill roughly for him alone.

Fantastic business imo. Strengthened in key areas. The only weakness they have is their defence as it looks kinda thin compared to the likes of Man City in terms of depth.

I think this season they seriously need to win like you said now. They have been given a pass for years. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd have been winning trophies in that time and Liverpool haven't won anything since the league cup in 2012 I believe which is the weakest of the domestic competitions in terms of importance/prestige.

Spurs are in a similar spot too but I think they are given more leeway as they just haven't spent much compared with the other top dogs. This is the best team they have had in a very long time, a lot of the young guys of a few seasons ago are in their prime and are underpaid compared to others in top teams. if Kane and co have solid season they could be off. Their owner will always sell if he gets a half decent offer in, he's all business...look at what Spurs players get paid compared to the other top teams. He can't keep that up for longer, if I remember their LB (English lad, his name escapes me now) was complaining about it even though he spent the best part of the season injured.

Man City are the favourites for everything domestically but I think Liverpool are probably the only team that can actually beat them consistently. Arsenal are looking weak, in that rebuild phase where their manager is trying to embed his style and ethos in the team and finding out his formation/starting 11. Man Utd are in turmoil, they play awful football...they'll get some stability when they beat the easy run of teams they have but I don't see them winning anything significant. If they play Liverpool/City in a cup final, they'll get spanked. Chelsea are looking promising but they have clear defensive frailties and their fullbacks aren't the best imo. They'll be far better next season imo when their manager starts to implement his style and gets the players he wants in.

Comment

• I can’t see Spurs getting in the top 4 this season.

You just can’t afford to stand still. Not even City would do that. Which is why the had to get on Mahrez to create more competition

Comment

• Rabiot is pure class tbh. Another big upgrade for Liverpool if they've got him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
              Just spent the half billion mate.
              Net spend mate

Comment

• Net spend, lol.

It doesn’t matter anyway. All the top 6 other than Spurs are s.hitting money. It’s academic really that City are the richest. For all we take the mick - they are the best team.

All teams can if they really wanted to - identify a target and get them. The issue with Chelsea and United and Arsenal is that they’ve worked down the list. Or in United’s case been beholden to agents. Mourinho is dodgy with his Mendes relationship.

Liverpool will challenge properly now because they got their targets. They sacrificed a lot to get in Van Dijk, Keita, and Allison. Basically sacrificed success last season for all.

In years past they would have ended up with Butland, Lascelles, and Lewis Cooke or something when they were trying that money ball nonsense to fill gaps in the short term.

No one likes Liverpool. It will be a hammer blow for all if they won the league but if they do - they deserve it really. They look like they keep doing the right thing. Even down to extending Anfield.

No surprise that City and Liverpool are favourites as
                Both appear to be run extremely well.

Chelsea and United are a nonsense. Chelsea tend to benefit when we don’t have to compete in the CL. I think there’s an outside chance we challenge but you can’t say it’s part of any strategy or vision

Comment

• Spain probably should have scored won the world tbh.

They must feel like s.hit right now

Comment

• Spain probably should have scored won the world tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Spain probably should have scored won the world tbh.

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Spain probably should have scored won the world tbh.

Doubly confused mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X