No announcement yet.

Lets be honest, if this was the 90's Deontay Wilder would be Michael Grant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    I remember the video of Lennox trying to teach Wilder how to jab in a parking lot, Wilder is a bum.

And he still has a ****e jab

Comment

I remember the video of Lennox trying to teach Wilder how to jab in a parking lot, Wilder is a bum.
      I remember that video, Wilder was awestruck. LOL, he looked like Lewis was trying to teach him astrophysics or something.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post

Lmao at Wilder jabbing at thin air in a carpark

he looks so confused with what he's being shown

Comment

I honestly think Grant is better than Wilder. Just not as mentally strong

Comment

A lot of the big guys in the '90s were undisciplined whackjobs like Golata and Bowe. Wilder would kind of fit into that. I don't think he would do much better or worse. Would be dispatched by Lennox 19 times out of 20.

He would have been a force to be reckoned with in the 80s and prior.

Wilder is called sloppy and hopeless compared to Wladimir Klitschko and yes he would also lose to Lennox Lewis. But those guys are rare. If you compare anyone to them other than themselves, everyone either looks tiny or sloppy.
            Last edited by ////; 02-16-2016, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post

wow the difference in coordination and speed even then

Comment

Just a heads up the OP is a known racist and once again the coward changed/hijacked the original Golokins. Not surprised by the thread. Despite multiple violations to the Reeds rules the mods lack the integrity to perma ban this piece of trash.But this is boxingscene so **** it.

Comment

If only Wilder could have fought when Manny S. was still training, he would be better for this era.

Lennox would win early, the only fighters that lasted had great chins, Holyfield, Tua, etc.
                  Imagine how long Wilder would have lasted in the Tyson vs Lewis fight, Mike knew he couldn't win early in the fight, but took his as$ beating like a man and went out on his shield.

I don't really like Lennox, but to even mention them in the same breath doesn't sound right, as some said in the 90's Wilder fits in the Golota and Grant types, big fighters, but not the best.

Wilder needs to fight Povetkin, every top heavyweight but him has fought some real fighters, not -10000 mismatches, Stiverne was the only measuring stick (and he wasn't 100%, supposedly).

At first I didn't like him, but he has looked better each time he fights, I will give him that. He should have fought real fighters on the way up, instead of getting a title and fighting guys who should never fight for a world title.

If he beats Povetkin, that will earn some respect as a champ.

After that, as long as he fights Fury, Haye, or Joshua (top guys), even if he loses but fights well, he will earn respect. If we get a Joe Calzaghe string of "title" defenses, he will be the laughing stock of boxing.
                  If he is going to do that, why not do what Roy Jones is doing? At least that way the fans get to see the totally unexpected.

Comment

Lewis would have knocked Wilder out inside of 3 rounds.

That uppercut that he hit Vitali with would put Wilder in a coma.

Comment

Honestly, Wilder is a lot better than you guys give him credit for.

He's fresh, he doesn't have much of an amateur record.. his power is very real, he has more than Lennox IMO

He's 30.. he still has 5-7 years left in his tank before he starts declining..

Comment

Working...
                      X