Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Robinson, was far from the most skillful, he barely threw a straight punch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Ray Robinson, was far from the most skillful, he barely threw a straight punch!

To me Sugar Ray Robinson was like a smaller version of Tommy Morrison or Ken Norton, he over relied on the very effective long hook, which is why these fighters were successful despite having limited skill sets.

Hell you can take a weak punching crappy kickboxing wrestler like Chuck Liddel, give him the long hook that Robinson used and he will become one of MMA's most devastating strikers.

Bottom line is the long hook kicks ass when done well, which allows unskillful bums like Norton to start boxing at the age of 30 and become elite.

In short Robinson isnt any good, but the long hooks (and uppercuts etc) are devastating!

To me Sugar Ray Leonard was far superior.
    Last edited by AlexKid; 01-03-2016, 10:39 AM.

You're high as **** you mate, for one all the boxers you named fight nothing a like, how someone could look at them and see anything similar is beyond me their footwork alone are light years apart from each other in terms of style, Norton started boxing when he was 20.
    Don't want too waste my time commenting on how they all only had a long left hook because it's ridiculous n you need your eyes checking.
    Last edited by NChristo; 01-03-2016, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
      To me Sugar Ray Robinson was like a smaller version of Tommy Morrison or Ken Norton, he over relied on the very effective long hook, which is why these fighters were successful despite having limited skill sets.

Hell you can take a weak punching crappy kickboxing wrestler like Chuck Liddel, give him the long hook that Robinson used and he will become one of MMA's most devastating strikers.

Bottom line is the long hook kicks ass when done well, which allows unskillful bums like Norton to start boxing at the age of 30 and become elite.

In short Robinson isnt any good, but the long hooks (and uppercuts etc) are devastating!

Is this really worth starting a thread over?

Comment

Althought that great nut bag agenda is obviously the cause of such a myth, the fact they so readily promote Ray Robinson as the best of the best is utterly bizzare since even a cursory investigation immediately reveals the truth.

He was garbage! And should he box today, he would be laughable!

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          Althought that great nut bag agenda is obviously the cause of such a myth, the fact they so readily promote Ray Robinson as the best of the best is utterly bizzare since even a cursory investigation immediately reveals the truth.

He was garbage! And should he box today, he would be laughable!
          ? I assume you are being sarcastic.

Comment

No he isn't he's just being a fool! He needs attention and degrading past greats gives the boy want he thinks he needs. What he needs is a job that gives him challenges and might form some integrity and pride. Then he could catch up with others and become more mature than the tool boy he is now!

Elroy believes that;

Joe Louis
            Sugar Ray Robinson
            Jake LaMotta
            Rocky Marciano
            M. Ali
            Joe Frazier

....................are all "bums"! He doesn't know what the word "bum" means in the sport but he uses it to describe "lack of skills"! You must excuse this child he has never learned respect for his elders or the past greats in boxing.
            He is here to promote himself, he couldn't care a damn about boxing.
            He's a TROLL.

Ray

Comment

Oh! Suddenly you have gone from a simpering boy whose fool questions everyone patiently tolerated because you were polite and innocently ignorant, to another know-it-all slammer of past greats. Welcome to their team, you idiot.

Now that you have "turned," expect no kind treatment from those with power in their fingertips. We kill werewolves around here, even the baby ones.

Comment

Originally posted by James09 View Post
                ? I assume you are being sarcastic.
                Welcome to the boards James.

Elroy was dropped on his head as a young one...he had to go to night school just to develop a thumb...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  No he isn't he's just being a fool! He needs attention and degrading past greats gives the boy want he thinks he needs. What he needs is a job that gives him challenges and might form some integrity and pride. Then he could catch up with others and become more mature than the tool boy he is now!

Elroy believes that;

Joe Louis
                  Sugar Ray Robinson
                  Jake LaMotta
                  Rocky Marciano
                  M. Ali
                  Joe Frazier

....................are all "bums"! He doesn't know what the word "bum" means in the sport but he uses it to describe "lack of skills"! You must excuse this child he has never learned respect for his elders or the past greats in boxing.
                  He is here to promote himself, he couldn't care a damn about boxing.
                  He's a TROLL.

Ray
                  yeah we have dealt with racists and the size freaks that talk **** about the so called small hw greats
                  but sooner or later they all give up:bukkake:

Comment

Your worst post ever by far.

Comment

Working...
                    X