Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Lucian Bute simply not that good or did Carl Froch's style have his number?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Lucian Bute simply not that good or did Carl Froch's style have his number?

He had something like 15 consecutive title defenses in devastating fashion before the Froch fight. Did Carl just have the perfect style to beat him or was he not that great after all.
    remember prior to Froch many had him in the top10 p4p for many years..

His career speaks for itself with his amateur pedigree and pro accomplishments. Really awkward, powerful guy with a great uppercut and very good at feinting. He did dominate Bika and Johnson. Pretty much performed as well or even better with the same guys that fought Froch and Ward before the Froch fight. Seem like Froch ruined him a little bit to me or he just had his time and it passed?

Comment

I don't understand why people automatically slam Bute as not being a good fighter due to how he loss to Froch.

There's been numerous offense-talented fighters with bad chins. It's a flaw, but they're still quality fighters. Hearns, Khan, Linares all suffered similar devastating KO losses, but were proven talented offensive fighters.

Comment

A bit of both.

Comment

overrated, b-level fighter.

arguably froch's best win

it still hurts. this still hurts.

Comment

I always thought he was overrated. It irked me to see he was put in the rings top 10 p4p for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
              He had something like 15 consecutive title defenses in devastating fashion before the Froch fight. Did Carl just have the perfect style to beat him or was he not that great after all.
              remember prior to Froch many had him in the top10 p4p for many years..
              The style / power + the fact that many people had stated he had little but a punchers chance.

He knew there was no coming back to the big time, had he lost. Unlike the majority of fighters that say they will and don't turn up - Carl went for it.

Comment

Bute could have easily beaten Froch but I have no ****ing idea why he completely changed his tactics that made him a champion.

Comment

Ward ducked him

Comment

He wasn't nearly as good as the rankings tried to say he was, but he wasn't bad, and Froch definitely ruined him. It's obvious Bute is shook to his very soul ever since.

Comment

Working...
                    X