Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Snubs Taylor-Froch for WBC 168 LB title!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony628 View Post
    froch is better and punches harder than pavlik and look what he did to taylor.
    i see. and your evidence is that thin air over there?

Comment

any updates on this situation?

and what about Winky vs Williams? If HBO's looking to do that fight

why doesn't Taylor head on over to Showtime and face Froch on that network?

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
        HBO is doing this to make up for 2008's poor showing. Taylor-Froch is not the best matchup and not as close as you guys think it will be.
        I agree, it's an easy fight for Froch. Kessler would provide him with a bigger challenge.

Comment

WTF?

did HBO cover Pavlik vs Lockett?

Comment

Originally posted by mojack View Post
            WTF?

did HBO cover Pavlik vs Lockett?
            yes but look how scary lockett's mean face was.

Comment

When people talk about the decline in American boxing they need look no further than the U.S. television companies that have ruined the sport. The balance of power needs to be redressed if boxing is to survive as a prime time major sport in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                yes but look how scary lockett's mean face was.
                Good point, and Froch is no where near as famous as Frockett, I mean Sockett...what's his name again?

Comment

this fight would be a belter. It just shows why boxing is on a decline in America with HBO basiclly running ****.

Comment

Originally posted by el guason456 View Post
                    eh dont know about that bro. kessler IMO is overrated as all hell and bute aint all that either. it will be sad if JT doesnt unify SMW he can clean up the whole division.
                    Yeah the SMW division is not that great right now. Kessler>Bute>Froch.
                    Originally posted by The_Visitation View Post
                    I agree, it's an easy fight for Froch. Kessler would provide him with a bigger challenge.
                    LOL you're funny. Taylor-Froch would be a replay of Taylor-Lacy, add a jad, subtract the holding, and keep his hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by We've Got Bush View Post
                      They won't approve this fight but they approve Klitschko vs. Rahman.
                      Like it or not Wlad's fans are in a higher income demographic, and have more sway over HBO than do other fighters' fans. Plus Wlad has a contract with RTL that is as lucrative as what HBO offers, so HBO doesn't call the shots for him.

I like Taylor-Froch and feel Froch deserves the chance, but I can't blame HBO if their plan is to push Taylor towards a fight with Kessler. With all due respect to Froch and Bute, Taylor-Kessler is the best fight at 168.

Taylor has fought Hopkins twice, Wright, and Pavlik twice. It's not like he needs more preparation for Kessler.

Comment

Working...
                      X