No announcement yet.

Roach recently on Golovkin: "He has the best footwork in boxing"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach recently on Golovkin: "He has the best footwork in boxing"

I was very surprised by Roach's answer to what he thinks of golovkin, he said he has the best footwork in boxing. wow, he also went on to say he think he needs to fight bigger names and such but he is very impressed with what he sees.

at 5:03

It's not fancy, but it's really good. The way he shifts his weight to keep his momentum going forward especially. He doesn't really have a glaring weakness. Maybe overall foot speed, but that's about all I can think of.

Comment

He doesn't even know who he is

Comment

the way he's always positioning people into the ropes almost seemingly on reflex, and the way he pivots is pretty impressive, he also never lets himself be put on the ropes

Comment

He's the best at cutting the ring off. The way golovkin just glides in the ring so effortlessly and puts himself in position to always land meaningful shots is beautiful to watch.

Comment

I am not denying that Golovkin has pretty good footwork but two things.

1) How much stress has Golovkin been under that his footwork would be tested?

2) Is Freddy Roach really a good judge of that? Again not that he doesn't get footwork but every guy he has is just real basic in that regard.

Although with that second point maybe it is got brought up above he sees Golovkin's workmanlike not fancy footwork as something close to perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post

2) Is Freddy Roach really a good judge of that? Again not that he doesn't get footwork but every guy he has is just real basic in that regard.

Although with that second point maybe it is got brought up above he sees Golovkin's workmanlike not fancy footwork as something close to perfection.
              yes roach is an idiot. it's floyd "i can't keep slowass maidana off me" mayweather who has the best footwork. clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                yes roach is an idiot. it's floyd "i can't keep slowass maidana off me" mayweather who has the best footwork. clearly.
                lomachenko or rigondeoux, i would call it for loma though

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                  lomachenko or rigondeoux, i would call it for loma though
                  Definitely those two, those guys are on another level.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post

Roach admitted he's only seen GGG fight once, I wouldn't really put too much thought into this.

Comment

Working...
                    X