No announcement yet.

FAO Jim Jeffries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Jim Jeffries

.....In regards to your GIF. I have always thought that Sanders maybe got in a headbutt or two when he was throwing those punches at Wlady? What do you think?

I think Wlad closed his eyes while trying to reach in to grab, and thus got caught in sleep with something hard.

Head, fist... does it matter?

You don't care what I think, but neither do I.

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post
      .....In regards to your GIF. I have always thought that Sanders maybe got in a headbutt or two when he was throwing those punches at Wlady? What do you think?
      That was the first knockdown, and as many times as I look at it, I can't really see the vicious punch from Sanders that puts him down. Now Corrie caught him with a decent punch before this, but it wasn't enough to put him down. What I do see is what looks to me like an intentional headbutt that puts him down and then a right that misses.

Maybe I'm nuts, but Brewster lands a hard left hook just after the bell in their first fight. Too soon to punish him in any way, but reason enough not to stop the fight in between rounds.

Originally posted by tyson View Post
      I think Wlad closed his eyes while trying to reach in to grab, and thus got caught in sleep with something hard.

Head, fist... does it matter?

You don't care what I think, but neither do I.
      Head or fist doesn't matter in a street fight, but I think it does in a boxing ring. I also think Sanders was a bad match up for Wlad and he probably would've stopped him later in the fight any way.

In the Brewster fight, Wlad was completely gassed out and hurt at that point, so I'm not sure a minute rest would've changed the outcome of that one either. Maybe a 5 minute one, like they do for low blows though ...
      Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 08-21-2009, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        That was the first knockdown, and as many times as I look at it, I can't really see the vicious punch from Sanders that puts him down. Now Corrie caught him with a decent punch before this, but it wasn't enough to put him down. What I do see is what looks to me like an intentional headbutt that puts him down and then a right that misses.

Maybe I'm nuts, but Brewster lands a hard left hook just after the bell in their first fight. Too soon to punish him in any way, but reason enough not to stop the fight in between rounds.
        Short left hook, watch it.

Comment

I think Wlad closed his eyes and turned his head a little bit towards the left, making his head make contact with the left shoulder after the first left hook in the clip.

Also, he was on his way forward, his body expecting to connect with the right hand. The counter left hook was unexpected by his body, which will make the punch that much more dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            Perhaps, but I don't see Wlad's head snapping back like it does from the headbutt.

Comment

Perhaps, but I don't see Wlad's head snapping back like it does from the headbutt.
              Me neither, but I see the head twisting sideways towards the shoulder. Terrible moment to get caught with a punch;

Leaning into it, not seeing the punch coming at all... Over-commitment can cost ya.

Comment

Its like the punch Gamboa took out Edwards with

Comment

Originally posted by tyson View Post
                  Me neither, but I see the head twisting sideways towards the shoulder. Terrible moment to get caught with a punch;

Leaning into it, not seeing the punch coming at all... Over-commitment can cost ya.
                  I know the hardest punches sometimes look like nothing at all, like the one Foreman caught Moore with, without a different angle, I can't be sure. I do find it funny that some people can't see the headbutt in the gif though.

Even if there's a left preceding it, the butt looks like it does more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

...That's pretty clear but a headbutt follows it IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X