No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by denium View Post
    Fury wouldn't approach a Povetkin fight with the same mentality he went in with against Steve. Fury would be on his toes behind his jab, Povetkin's face would be a bloody mess by the mid to late rounds.
    Absolutely. Fury definitely took Cunningham lightly and nearly paid the price. He was even taunting Cunningham with his hands down at the end of the first, which more or less demonstrates how seriously he was taking the fight. After he got dropped by Cunningham he realised his mistake and went to work, getting the stoppage a few rounds later. It was a very dumb performance however, and one which Fury has so far not replicated (though he came close against Abell).

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
      hes a hell of alot bigger than cunningham. yes,,,fury improved since then but saying fury is too big is just ridiculous. he often gives up his height and povetkin would have no trouble banging the body and head. I think fury would give him some fits in the early to mid rounds but povetkin would get to him late. povetkin is smaller but hes the bigger puncher and has better technique
      True. Fury has a habit of fighting dumb at times and not maximising his strengths. He's similar to Bowe in that regard. Nonetheless, when the chips are down he always pulls it out of the fire. I highly doubt he's going to take Wladimir lightly; in fact I'm certain he's not. And an on pint Fury is a very dangerous man indeed.

EDIT: I meant 'on point' though the mistake has a certain humour to it.
      Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 10-20-2015, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• Cunningham is a class fighter, for example, if Wilder was to beat him, he would be his best ever win.

Look at some of his recent opponents;

1) Amir Mansour, a much bigger man, and USS knocked him down, the only man to do so to my knowledge

2) Natu Visini, an unbeaten prospect at the time, Steve schooled him

3) Vyacheslav Glazkov, although he didn't get the decision, most neutrals thought that Steve did enough to win and clearly outworked the bigger man. Glazkov is now ranked #2 by the IBF behind Wlad, and is his mandatory.

4) Antonio Tarver, again most neutrals thought that USS did enough to get the decision, and Tarver was roided up to the gills at the time. It should be another W in the column.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
          Ortiz, being 37 years old, moves incredibly well, he has amazing technique, is very very slick considering his size.

Fury ,almost surely, wouldn't dare switching ot southpaw more than a couple of minutes against Ortiz, he would get badly outboxed. Fighting orthodox, he would have to keep him at bay with jabs that wouldn't (fully) land. I can hardly imagine Fury hitting Ortiz with straight shots, he would have to lean forwards to land on him.

Ortiz, with his crazy 213cm reach, slickness and amazing Cuban technique, would give Fury headaches fighting in an ambush style. And at least, he is in shape contrary to Solis...

I would even say that Ortiz would have to make less adjusments against Fury than Klitschko.

Klitschko, at a certain point of this fight, will have to bring the energy he brought against Pulev, Wach and Haye. He'll have to stay very alert and literally go to war with Fury. He can definitely do it but he has a lot of adjustments to do.
          Where is this amazing skill that Ortiz possesses? I'm not denying that he's a big unit with a lot of heavy handedness, but the way people talk about him it's like he's Ike Ibeabuchi reborn.

What's his best win? Lateef Kayode? Monte Barrett? Hardly anything to go on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
            It was a very dumb performance however, and one which Fury has so far not replicated (though he came close against Abell).
            Since the Cunningham fight, Fury has not lost a round against anybody, at all.

Comment

Cunningham is a class fighter, for example, if Wilder was to beat him, he would be his best ever win.

Look at some of his recent opponents;

1) Amir Mansour, a much bigger man, and USS knocked him down, the only man to do so to my knowledge

2) Natu Visini, an unbeaten prospect at the time, Steve schooled him

3) Vyacheslav Glazkov, although he didn't get the decision, most neutrals thought that Steve did enough to win and clearly outworked the bigger man. Glazkov is now ranked #2 by the IBF behind Wlad, and is his mandatory.

4) Antonio Tarver, again most neutrals thought that USS did enough to get the decision, and Tarver was roided up to the gills at the time. It should be another W in the column.
              Cunningham's record definitely doesn't do him justice. He should have a win against Adamek and a win or a draw against Glazkov (whose ability to get gift decisions almost rivals Adamek's). The fight against Tarver was disputable and I thought Cunningham fought incredibly dumb in that fight considering he had all the advantages, but in hindsight it could easily be ruled a NC.

The facts are, he's still the only man to beat Mansour (and knock him down), the first to beat Huck, and one of only two men to knock down Tyson Fury. His quality speaks for itself.

Comment

Since the Cunningham fight, Fury has not lost a round against anybody, at all.
                I don't mean that Abell was competitive with him. I mean that Fury fought stupidly against him (leaving himself open, swinging for the fences etc), especially since Abell can punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  Cunningham has a better punch than Povatkin. Povatkin fights a lot like his Eastern European fellow countrymen, a style I would characterize as somewhat mobile, an emphasis on activity, with very little head movement... yes Povatkin can bang a little better than most of these other fellows, BUT Cunningham is a puncher and punches a lot harder than Povatkin.

Thats not to say it wouldn't be a decent scrap Fury against Povatkin. But the notion that Povatkin is a big puncher is rubbish... at least compared to Cunningham, who had some of the best chins in boxing on the ropes.
                  Cunningham does not punch hard, he wasn't even a puncher at Cruiser, Povetkin can pop he isn't a huge puncher but he is definitely a bigger puncher than Steve Cunningham

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
                    I don't mean that Abell was competitive with him. I mean that Fury fought stupidly against him (leaving himself open, swinging for the fences etc), especially since Abell can punch.
                    Abell can punch, and managed to load a few bombs on Fury in brawl mode. Fury took the punches well. His chin is not as bad as people say. For example, if Abell landed that same left hand on David Price's jaw, Price would've been on the floor twitching.

*edit*

Yeah to echo others, this new version of Povetkin definitely punches harder than Cunningham. Fury still beats him though, too big, too strong, too furious.

Comment

Abell can punch, and managed to load a few bombs on Fury in brawl mode. Fury took the punches well. His chin is not as bad as people say. For example, if Abell landed that same left hand on David Price's jaw, Price would've been on the floor twitching.
                      I know it's not. Fury's problem is he switches off and lets people tag him, which means that anyone who lands clean can rock him.

In the same way that Wlad panics when he gets hit, Fury's punch resistance isn't entirely down to physiognomy.

Comment

Working...
                      X