Is Vitali Klitschko an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    Kudos for normal response!

I am absolutely not arguing if fight should have been stopped or would vitali be able to continue to fight normally for the rest of the fight. The answer for both is : big fat YES - fight is rightfully stopped and NO - Vitali would be seriously handicapped fighting in that condition.

Regarding the Emanuel comments - Manny said Vitali was winning the fight prior he turned it ugly (in brawling from the inside). I love Lennox and I love Vitali. I have a very high opinion on both. Lennox wasn't in his prime but Vitali wasn't either - he fought that fight with little experience on that level - I am sure that Vitali from Gomez or Arreola fight would fight much much better - actually I really think that version of Vitali (which I think is his prime) would beat that version of Lennox.
    In other words, the best Vitali could beat the worst Lennox? That's not saying much.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      In other words, the best Vitali could beat the worst Lennox? That's not saying much.
      Particularly not when prime Lummox was KTFO by clubfighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Particularly not when prime Lummox was KTFO by clubfighters.
        I wouldn't say clubfighters although I see what you're saying.

The fact is, Vitali's resume is abominable for an "elite" fighter. And it's degrading to other ATG's when people say he ranks among them. John Ruiz has beaten better fighters but no one would dare call him an ATG. Yet they call Vitali one because no one has proven to be better at knocking a bum out.

Comment

I wouldn't say clubfighters although I see what you're saying.

The fact is, Vitali's resume is abominable for an "elite" fighter. And it's degrading to other ATG's when people say he ranks among them. John Ruiz has beaten better fighters but no one would dare call him an ATG. Yet they call Vitali one because no one has proven to be better at knocking a bum out.
          Like Roy Jones, Vitali will have an outstanding career in fantasy match-ups. His undoing is that the division outside K2 is terrible.

Vitali is my second favourite fighter. I would not call him an ATG. That hurts me, but it is what it is. Resume counts. Fantasy does not.

HOF? Well if McGuigan sets the bar Vitali is in no sweat.

Comment

Vitali who lost a resume v resume poll to Froch by 4-1 is a ATG? What does that make Froch?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Like Roy Jones, Vitali will have an outstanding career in fantasy match-ups. His undoing is that the division outside K2 is terrible.

Vitali is my second favourite fighter. I would not call him an ATG. That hurts me, but it is what it is. Resume counts. Fantasy does not.

HOF? Well if McGuigan sets the bar Vitali is in no sweat.
              I hear you on McGuigan. However, I hope that's not the bar or else we're gonna keep lowering it, like we're doing for Vitali. And that's way too low.

Comment

I hear you on McGuigan. However, I hope that's not the bar or else we're gonna keep lowering it, like we're doing for Vitali. And that's way too low.
                That's my issue with that.

"Well if McGuigans in, then Vitali is in"

"If McGuigans in, Diego Corrales is in"

"If McGuigans in, Antonio Tarvers in"

"If Mcguigans in, Adrien Broner is in"

No, but seriously, going off "If he's in, then he's in" is just going to cause the standard to get lower and lower and lower.

Comment

No!!!!!!!!! his resume is weak as hell

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Here you go again.
                    Well he isnt lying man Vitali's resume is very weak,Wladimir i would agree is an AG but not Vitali

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      His 6 rounds against Lewis, plus the longevity and consistency say yes for me. His performance against Lewis was not a fluke, he was putting together good rounds, this shows me that he was in the top bracket, in my opinion Lewis was starting to take over, but that is besides the point, and we just don't know what would have happened. What we do know is he had a hell of a 6 rounds against one of the best ever. In many ways Vitali has proved to me much more than Wlad, who may have a better resume, but let's face it, that is just the way the pieces fell together. A fit and healthy Vitali would have dominated all those guys on Wlads resume the same way, in fact in some cases probably with more ease.

The only time either brother had a chance to prove themselves to be truly great was Vitali against Lewis, and in my opinion he showed he belonged. I would have both brothers as ATG's but I have my doubts about Wladmirs ability to beat a truly great heavyweight.
                      Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Dude if thats the case then Oliver MCCall and Hasim Rachman must be ATG because they KTFO Lennox.
                      lol...............

Comment

Working...
                      X