• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    And Adidas in Germany
    Rival gear is garbage too

Comment

I don't think the different gloves matter that much, just train with 16 oz. and change them out every 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        I think Rival makes good gloves in their price range, better than almost every other brand I tried at around $150.

Winning is def the best glove, will be my next purchase.

Comment

No other company has been able to recreate the foam stacking or acquire the same grades of foam that Winning uses. Many try, but nothing is quite like it. It protects your knuckles while still allowing you to deliver a reasonably powerful impact. 14oz Winnings protect me far more than 16oz Grants.

I wouldn't recommend them unless you have orthodic concerns because that's where your money is going, the protection. I have very large hands but they're slender, not meaty. No matter how correct my form, I am able to hurt my hands because my strength exceeds what my structure can handle. Winning gloves plus double wraps and knuckle guards let me train without problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            No other company has been able to recreate the foam stacking or acquire the same grades of foam that Winning uses. Many try, but nothing is quite like it. It protects your knuckles while still allowing you to deliver a reasonably powerful impact. 14oz Winnings protect me far more than 16oz Grants.

I wouldn't recommend them unless you have orthodic concerns because that's where your money is going, the protection. I have very large hands but they're slender, not meaty. No matter how correct my form, I am able to hurt my hands because my strength exceeds what my structure can handle. Winning gloves plus double wraps and knuckle guards let me train without problems.

trust me same deal. I got artist hands. I am a tattoo artist. my hands take a beating. esp when you start hitting with good form and landing with your knuckles.

On the topic of Rival though, for 150 bucks the lining rips even on the pro gloves, the foam falls out, and foam isn't good to begin with - they fit like cheap gloves but are priced like pro gloves and sell you on the look like a cologne bottle, they look high tech w the advanced wrist strap **** but outside of that it's a cheap glove. I don't know how everlast is these days but even the higher grade protex were not very good.

In my opinion, the build guality of Winning, Reyes and Grants are all similar and the best, Winning fits the nicest and has the best foam, Grant's fit good but the foam isn't as good but they also look sexy, and reyes don't have good foam or fit good but they will last you a long time.

Rivals last one year of moderate use, so that's 150-180 a year, in 5 years you spend way more than one pair of winnings, which I couldn't even see wearing out tbh.

if you want cheap decent gloves just get ringside.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              Damn right it is.

Comment

try sabas. I got their velcro primes for bag work, 16s, and they seem pretty durable. 150, but worth it. i want a pair of winnings. The sabas havent lost their shape or form much at all, and I am a puncher. If I could do it again, I'd get the lace up primes and a Lace and Loop quick tie addon. those are repairable.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
                  try sabas. I got their velcro primes for bag work, 16s, and they seem pretty durable. 150, but worth it. i want a pair of winnings. The sabas havent lost their shape or form much at all, and I am a puncher. If I could do it again, I'd get the lace up primes and a Lace and Loop quick tie addon. those are repairable.
                  Im going to look those up

Comment

Working...
                  X