Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can an MMA fighter being tested 78 days out compete with Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can an MMA fighter being tested 78 days out compete with Floyd?

Floyd is going to wreck the combat world and put it on notice, same way he did for Pacquiao. With Floyd doing lateral movement like Holly Holm, making guys miss even with kicks, how will their stamina hold up? This is where BJJ, natural strength will be tested, oh best believe, Brazilians juice even in BJJ, it’s all do or die against Floyd. He will KO anybody if the strike presents itself.

I think Mayweather might do very well. He is very strong and has great stamina. He will be dedicated to being the best he can be in this new combat sport and he will be the best striker the UFC has ever known.

Comment

He's too old to learn the necessary skills for MMA. If he'd done this 15 years ago, I'd give him a shot. Nobody trains harder than Floyd.

Comment

Anybody who thinks Mayweather stands a chance in octagon is a ******

Comment

Can't they just put it in the contract that his opponent can't kick or take him down?

Comment

Originally posted by omh View Post
            Can't they just put it in the contract that his opponent can't kick or take him down?
            Possibly. However, the irony of MMA is that you are allowed to do kicking and grappling. If Floyd challenges his opponent to stand and trade, since 4 oz gloves is already hard as it is, then the burden lies more on Floyd's challenger, or the way around. However, with a precise striker in Floyd using 4oz gloves and speed, not sure anybody standing would be ready for that.

Floyd could even throw a stipend in the contract, non disclosed of course, to stand up and box only. If the challenger accepts, then how would Floyd be to blame. When Aldo and Conor fought, it was basically just that. I doubt MMA fans could tell a difference

Comment

Working...
            X